Synchronize commentary panel with Bible panel

bcansler

Please forgive me if this is covered in another forum post. I spent some time searching but did not see this covered elsewhere or perhaps missed it.

Is there a way to synchronize the commentary panel so that it scrolls with the Bible panel as I read?
In my current configuration, the commentary panel contents are static and do not change when scroll or navigate to a different scripture or book.
I would like to be able to toggle the commentary panel so that it "follows along with me" whenever I change books or passages in the Bible panel.

Again, please forgive the "newbie" question. I just installed the software last night so I'm still learning how to use the software.
Thank you!

That would be a nice option. You can expand the commentary to show the whole chapter with the highlighted button below but there is no scrolling option at present.
1671714990139.png

Is there a way to synchronize the commentary panel so that it scrolls with the Bible panel as I read?
Not exactly. The commentary can't know where you are reading in the Bible panel -- when you get to the end of the chapter, you are no longer scrolling to read text, so choosing the top verse wouldn't work and would mean you could sync for the first verses but not the end.

However, you can just click the "active verse" widget next to a verse:

1671719177265.png

That will sync the commentary and verse guide panels to that verse.

Also, if you use the keyboard, you can use Alt+Up and Alt+Down to sync the previous/next verse -- that is one way to read and keep everything in sync.

But if you are interested in what a commentary has on a chapter, the better way is to just expand the commentary chapter content in the commentary window directly, as Bill pointed out:

1671719296645.png

Also be sure to see how the Bible margin works to let you know what material is available:

Back