maybe voice activation and commands

C.r.a.i.g

Just an idea, you don't have to do it. I was just thinking that people could saying something like search Hebrews 9 by saying it with their voice. And then say, please open Poole Commentary. Or please search Genesis for Jacob. I don't know if voice commands be hard to add or not. But it might be something that would help. God Bless.

Just an idea, you don't have to do it. I was just thinking that people could saying something like search Hebrews 9 by saying it with their voice. And then say, please open Poole Commentary. Or please search Genesis for Jacob. I don't know if voice commands be hard to add or not. But it might be something that would help. God Bless.
Have you looked at the accessibility options in Windows settings? I haven't played with it, but there might be some voice commands through the accessibility voice options there that would do what you want.

Have you looked at the accessibility options in Windows settings? I haven't played with it, but there might be some voice commands through the accessibility voice options there that would do what you want.
yeah maybe that would work. I have Windows 7. Not sure if I want to upgrade.

yeah maybe that would work. I have Windows 7. Not sure if I want to upgrade.
You may eventually have to upgrade, regardless of whether you want to or not. It's a Microsoft thing.

You may eventually have to upgrade, regardless of whether you want to or not. It's a Microsoft thing.
Well maybe Brandon could let me know and other people if it's safe to get the new Windows. It seems like each version becomes more and more spy ware and I don't know if I trust Microsoft. But I am using Windows 7. Shrugs 🤷‍♂️

Well maybe Brandon could let me know and other people if it's safe to get the new Windows.
My opinion is that Windows 7 is not safe to use because it is not receiving security updates any more, and SwordSearcher is no longer being tested for compatibility on Windows 7 either. I personally use a mix of Windows 10 and Windows 11 computers. I don't like the third-party software that PC vendors like to add to their machines, but I do use Windows 11 regularly and enjoy it well enough.

My opinion is that Windows 7 is not safe to use because it is not receiving security updates any more, and SwordSearcher is no longer being tested for compatibility on Windows 7 either. I personally use a mix of Windows 10 and Windows 11 computers. I don't like the third-party software that PC vendors like to add to their machines, but I do use Windows 11 regularly and enjoy it well enough.
but I thought each version of Windows is more Big Brother. Just a Larger Brother with each version. But I don't know, it's just what I heard.

but I thought each version of Windows is more Big Brother. Just a Larger Brother with each version. But I don't know, it's just what I heard.
Windows 11 does phone home quite a bit but there are ways you can turn a lot of features off if you look around on the internet. There is also a version out there called Tiny 11 that is a super stripped-down version of Windows that is missing lots of things, including Edge, it comes with no browser. I just installed Tiny 10 in Virtual Box on a Linux install running on a 2009 iMac. Took me a minute to download Firefox using Powershell...

Pretty much the only reason I use Windows (v. 11) is to run SwordSearcher. I use Linux for everything else and much prefer it to Windows. Much more freedom to accept or reject upgrades and no "calling home".

Pretty much the only reason I use Windows (v. 11) is to run SwordSearcher. I use Linux for everything else and much prefer it to Windows. Much more freedom to accept or reject upgrades and no "calling home".
I would do the same thing but I've got Accordance and Logos as well and can't seem to get them satisfactorily running except in a virtual machine that sucks the life out of system resources. I almost got Logos to run using Wine, but at the last minute, it developed issues and just won't stay running. Accordance was a total basket case under Wine. There are other things I use Windoze for as well and just can't get around it. I was using Mac for several years but they made some business decisions that I didn't like much and are making more I don't care much for. I still have Mac computers I use for some things to stay in the loop but they are all older. If only there was some way to reliably run Windoze applications on Linux without having to resort to a virtual machine, I would happily avail myself of it.

I would do the same thing but I've got Accordance and Logos as well and can't seem to get them satisfactorily running except in a virtual machine that sucks the life out of system resources. I almost got Logos to run using Wine, but at the last minute, it developed issues and just won't stay running. Accordance was a total basket case under Wine. There are other things I use Windoze for as well and just can't get around it. I was using Mac for several years but they made some business decisions that I didn't like much and are making more I don't care much for. I still have Mac computers I use for some things to stay in the loop but they are all older. If only there was some way to reliably run Windoze applications on Linux without having to resort to a virtual machine, I would happily avail myself of it.
I have a ton of books on the L named software, but I only use SwordSearcher unless I want to access my Robert Phillips commentaries. You can use that other one through a web browser and not need to run it locally if you want. I am not sure about the others you mentioned. I tried to get off Windows completely using Zorin Pro distribution and even though they included a custom hook to run some windows applications, I could not get sword searcher to work for some reason. I went back to win 10.

I have a ton of books on the L named software, but I only use SwordSearcher unless I want to access my Robert Phillips commentaries. You can use that other one through a web browser and not need to run it locally if you want. I am not sure about the others you mentioned. I tried to get off Windows completely using Zorin Pro distribution and even though they included a custom hook to run some windows applications, I could not get sword searcher to work for some reason. I went back to win 10.
In my case, sadly the Logos sales guy had me on speed dial until I had myself so buried in a payment plan that I had to freeze it in order to get it paid off. LOL I think I have around 70K in that library. It took me over 10 years to do that kind of damage but I did it and still owe quite a bit. Oddly enough, I find myself using applications like SwordSearcher more often than the others just simply because they are not only simpler but the resources are more trustworthy. Maybe I am just getting old and persnickety but every year I get more so and little things bother me more. I just like the good old KJV and resources that utilize it and don't criticize it. There are some really useful things in those complex programs and they are really good at in-depth research but when you just want to sit down and study the Bible all of that extra stuff just seems to get in the way. Lately, I have been piling up good old-fashioned dead tree resources too. I truly am starting to show my age. When I grew up we not only didn't have computers, we didn't even have microwaves or color tv and if you wanted to watch certain channels then somebody had to go play with the antenna. (Oh there I go again dating myself... LOL) I think that the older you get, the slower you go and the more you appreciate simpler things that just work the way they are supposed to work.

In my case, sadly the Logos sales guy had me on speed dial until I had myself so buried in a payment plan that I had to freeze it in order to get it paid off. LOL I think I have around 70K in that library. It took me over 10 years to do that kind of damage but I did it and still owe quite a bit. Oddly enough, I find myself using applications like SwordSearcher more often than the others just simply because they are not only simpler but the resources are more trustworthy. Maybe I am just getting old and persnickety but every year I get more so and little things bother me more. I just like the good old KJV and resources that utilize it and don't criticize it. There are some really useful things in those complex programs and they are really good at in-depth research but when you just want to sit down and study the Bible all of that extra stuff just seems to get in the way. Lately, I have been piling up good old-fashioned dead tree resources too. I truly am starting to show my age. When I grew up we not only didn't have computers, we didn't even have microwaves or color tv and if you wanted to watch certain channels then somebody had to go play with the antenna. (Oh there I go again dating myself... LOL) I think that the older you get, the slower you go and the more you appreciate simpler things that just work the way they are supposed to work.
Yes, they do constantly try to upsale you over there at that company. So much we would likely never even utilize. Sword Searcher is perfect for me. Like you, I am old school. I need simpler software and far less clutter. Sword Searcher just works. I can get in depth or casual read. My next project is going to finally learn how to make modules so I can copy and paste stuff for personal resource use. I am going to upload some of my Ruckman MP3s and John R. Rice, etc to One Drive and link them in the software in my notes so that I can hear them much like using the audio bible features. I have my Paper Bible and commentaries. By the way, I was the remote control and antenna positioner when I was a little kid. I remember when Cable came to town. We had about 13 channels to choose from lol.

Back