SwordSearcher wins SIAF 2008 People's Choice Awards

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
For the second year in a row, SwordSearcher has been awarded the SIAF "People's Choice" award for best personal interest software. The award was announced at the annual Software Industry Conference in Boston, MA on July 19, 2008.

I must admit to still being surprised at this award -- pleasantly so, of course! The People's Choice awards are voted on by thousands of people across the world, and I make no effort to mobilize votes for SwordSearcher -- I don't even inform users that there is an award being voted on.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who supports SwordSearcher. Receiving this award is certainly very gratifying, especially considering the other companies also receiving the award.

You can see the complete SIAF award list for the last 10 years here. The StudyLamp Software "official press release" is here.

:D:D:D Oh, way CONGRATULATIONS, Brandon! :D:D:D We know it's the a super program, but it's wonderful to see SwordSearcher recognized 'officially' as the best program around! ?Wahoo! ?Wahoo!

(This time I'll try to keep it straight which conference it is!)

CONGRATULATIONS, Brandon, as a new user of S/S I can see why the SIAF "People's Choice" award for best personal interest software.
Because it is simply the best.

"May God Bless You Real Good" in the coming years of service for the Master.

Way to Brandon, Congratulations.:)

For the second year in a row, SwordSearcher has been awarded the SIAF "People's Choice" award for best personal interest software. The award was announced at the annual Software Industry Conference in Boston, MA on July 19, 2008.

Congratulations! Well deserved.

Can ordinary people like us vote on this? And if so, how? [For next year.]

Will you remind us when the time comes, please? :)

It's good to see someone (Brandon) rewarded for their effort and labor in a quality product...............that has more bang for the buck then "any" Bible software program (IMOP) currently being offered, then turn around and "unselfishly" offer to others at a minimal cost. Thanks.........!!

With all the apostacy that's out there, I appreciate the stand in which Brandon takes on his belief; being the preserved word of God--which is reflected in SS.............. and once again is offered yet at even reduced rate when purchased in bulk for missionaries, etc. who in most part are scraping the bottom of the bucket, foregoing the riches in this life for riches where it counts.

Keep up the good work Brandon, and kudo's on your award/reward...............well deserved and am pleased someone out there took notice of your work and product.

For what it's worth there are quite a few others who put some effort into SS as well (Bill, etc.....) so thank you as well.

Wes

2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Yes indeed, congratulations Brandon. As the Scriptures say A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men. Proverbs 18:16

BTW Marty, could you post a reminder for the rest of us when voting time comes around next year? Seeing as you've got it covered ;)

Ruthlyn

BTW Marty, could you post a reminder for the rest of us when voting time comes around next year? Seeing as you've got it covered ;)

Ruthlyn
It will be my great pleasure! :)

Yes indeed, congratulations Brandon. As the Scriptures say A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men. Proverbs 18:16

Ruthlyn

You beat me to the punch.

It certainly couldn't have happened to a better program or author.

Brandon, thanks so much for your tireless work on a great program. God is doing some powerful work through you.

God Bless...Ed

The voting site seems to be having some issues - might want to wait a day or so before you try to vote. You can register now, though.

I just got a reply from Michael Callahan (from the voting department of SIAF) to my email informing him of the 'closed' message I got when I tried to vote - voting will open May 4. :)

The site is finally accepting votes from the General Public. :D

Back