Way of Life Encyclopedia Module From Way of Life Literature

Brother Mike

I am not sure if anyone else has come across this or not, but since I did this tonight i thought I would post a quick note.

The Way Of Life Encyclopedia / Things Hard to be Understood SwordSeacher module is for versions 4 or 5. I have installed it under 6.0 and it appears to work (so far).

When you install it, it will state it is for version 4 or 5. Go ahead and continue the install. When asked for the directory to install into (it defaults to SwordSearcher 5), browse to the SwordSearcher 6 install directory (c:\program files (x86)\SwordSearcher under Windows 7). The modules should install and be seen in SwordSearcher. I have not had any issues yet, and it appears to be totally compatible with SS 6.

Thanks, Mike. That's how to install it if you already have the WOL CD from before 6.0. However, it's a bit easier than that for people who buy it new because the installer was updated for version 6 a little while ago.

The modules are completely compatible with 6.0.

Thanks, Mike. That's how to install it if you already have the WOL CD from before 6.0. However, it's a bit easier than that for people who buy it new because the installer was updated for version 6 a little while ago.

The modules are completely compatible with 6.0.

How much is it now, and can you give us a web link?

How much is it now, and can you give us a web link?

http://www.wayoflife.org/publications/ebooks.html

It is down toward the bottom of the page. $30.00 Includes the "Things Hard to Be Understood" e-book in SS format as a bonus.

The version I have was purchased last year. It is now available as a download. Which is a nice feature (for the broadband users).

I should have made myself a little more clear that the comment was aimed at those with the older version 5 edition of WOLE.

http://www.wayoflife.org/publications/ebooks.html

It is down toward the bottom of the page. $30.00 Includes the "Things Hard to Be Understood" e-book in SS format as a bonus.

The version I have was purchased last year. It is now available as a download. Which is a nice feature (for the broadband users).

I should have made myself a little more clear that the comment was aimed at those with the older version 5 edition of WOLE.

Thanks brother. How are things going in your ministry? God bless!

So............being that I have had my WOL CD for about 2 months now, when I upgrade to SS- 6.0 in the next week or 2 I should not have any issue's then?

So............being that I have had my WOL CD for about 2 months now, when I upgrade to SS- 6.0 in the next week or 2 I should not have any issue's then?

It should be fine. You may need to reinstall it, I am not sure if SS 6 moves the modules under /Program Files. Just point it to the new SS install dir and that should do it.

Thanks brother. How are things going in your ministry? God bless!

I have finished my tour as deacon, and teen leader. I am just a church member at the moment. I do have some spiritual battles I have been fighting, but I pray I will get the upper hand. Soon. Thanks for your interest.

No, you won't need to do anything -- if you install 6.0 the existing third-party modules are automatically retained.

Thanks.................!!

I have finished my tour as deacon, and teen leader. I am just a church member at the moment. I do have some spiritual battles I have been fighting, but I pray I will get the upper hand. Soon. Thanks for your interest.

Hey brother, I will keep you in prayer. If you would like to share anything more, please feel free to email me. We are having a 24 hour prayer chain Thursday to Friday this week, if you won't mind I'll put you on the list for prayer.

Thanks, Tim. I would appreciate that.

I am not sure if anyone else has come across this or not, but since I did this tonight i thought I would post a quick note.

The Way Of Life Encyclopedia / Things Hard to be Understood SwordSeacher module is for versions 4 or 5. I have installed it under 6.0 and it appears to work (so far).

When you install it, it will state it is for version 4 or 5. Go ahead and continue the install. When asked for the directory to install into (it defaults to SwordSearcher 5), browse to the SwordSearcher 6 install directory (c:\program files (x86)\SwordSearcher under Windows 7). The modules should install and be seen in SwordSearcher. I have not had any issues yet, and it appears to be totally compatible with SS 6.
Mike, do you know if there is a version of these books for Swordsearcher now or not? I have the old disk (but need to get it back from a friend I lent it to last year before I got my current laptop). If not, I think I might see about contacting Way of Life and see if they would be interested in me putting together one based on the new edition of the book/ebook.

I have contacted Way of Life - and am already working on Things Hard To Be Understood. Got all the intro stuff done and editing through Genesis now. Let's hope WOL responds.

They replied to me and said they had someone that had already put together the Way of Life Encyclopedia (latest edition) and that they would need to submit it to Brandon. I am assuming that they meant that both books were going to be made available. Oh well. Until then, I at least will have my own module I can access and search until the official ones are made available.

They replied to me and said they had someone that had already put together the Way of Life Encyclopedia (latest edition) and that they would need to submit it to Brandon. I am assuming that they meant that both books were going to be made available. Oh well. Until then, I at least will have my own module I can access and search until the official ones are made available.
I hope that person submits it soon. I would gladly pay for that module.

I think they mean they'll need me to make an installer for them as I did with the prior edition. You can be sure that when they do get it to me I will make it a priority so they can sell their add-on again.

That's probably what they meant, Brandon. This was the reply:

Thank you for your kind offer but we actually have a WOLE 7th edition module completed. It needs to be sent to Brandon at SwordSearcher to be signed (because it's a paid module.) Lord willing, we hope to have it on site soon.

Excellent news! It will be so cool when the new edition comes out. Thank you, Brandon!

Back