• The SwordSearcher module repository on this forum contains listings and downloads of Bible study material for use with SwordSearcher Bible Software. To use the downloads on this site, you must have SwordSearcher installed on your computer, and you need to log in to the forum.
Module icon

The Master's Indwelling [MasIndw] 1.0
by Andrew Murray

No permission to download
This module was contributed by G. Stalker.

The Master's Indwelling
by Andrew Murray

SwordSearcher tab: Books > MasIndw

Module content:
01 Carnal Christians
02 The Self Life
03 Waiting On God
04 Entrance Into Rest
05 The Kingdom First
06 Christ Our Life
07 Christ's Humility Our Salvation
08 The Complete Surrender
09 Dead With Christ
10 Joy In The Holy Ghost
11 Triumph Of Faith
12 The Source Of Power In Prayer
13 That God May Be All In All

Excerpt:
1Co 3:1.—And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal.
The apostle here speaks of two stages of the Christian life, two types of Christians: “I could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.” They were Christians, in Christ, but instead of being spiritual Christians, they were carnal. “I have fed you with milk, and not with meat, for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet are ye able, for ye are yet carnal.” Here is that word a second time. “For whereas”—this is the proof—“there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? For while one saith, I am of Paul, and another, I am of Apollos, are ye not carnal?” Four times the apostle uses that word carnal. In the wisdom which the Holy Ghost gives him, Paul feels:--I cannot write to these Corinthian Christians unless I know their state, and unless I tell them of it. If I give spiritual food to men who are carnal Christians, I am doing them more harm than good, for they are not fit to take it. I cannot feed them with meat, I must feed them with milk. And so he tells them at the very outset of the epistle what he sees to be their state. In the two previous chapters he had spoken about his ministry being by the Holy Spirit; now he begins to tell them what must be the state of a people in order to accept spiritual truth, and he says: “I have not liberty to speak to you as I would, for you are carnal, and you cannot receive Spiritual truth.” That suggests to us the solemn thought, that in the Church of Christ there are two classes of Christians. Some have lived many years as believers, and yet always remain babes; others are spiritual men, because they have given themselves up to the power, the leading and to the entire rule of the Holy Ghost. If we are to obtain a blessing, we must first decide to which of these classes we belong. Are we, by the grace of God, in deep humility living a spiritual life, or are we living a carnal life? Then, let us first try to understand what is meant by the carnal state in which believers may be living.​
Back