2 questions, please

TerriP

1. I was looking in the "images" tab in SS for something on The Table of Nations in Genesis 10, but I did not see one or maybe I missed it?

2. When I am reading Scripture in the "Bibles" section and click on one of the the commentaries for further information, say like Adam Clarke for example, and in his commentary below he references another Scripture (in blue to link to it), and so when I click on that link, the referenced Scripture is displayed in the Bibles section just fine, but... when I click on the back button (still in the Bibles section) to go back to the text I was originally studying, it does not take me where I left off, say for example Genesis 10:14, it takes me back to Genesis 10:1, and then I have to scroll down to get back where I left off. I mean it's not that big of a deal (thank you for the scroll bars in SS!) Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

1. I was looking in the "images" tab in SS for something on The Table of Nations in Genesis 10, but I did not see one or maybe I missed it?
I don't think there is a table for that in the images collection, no.

when I click on the back button (still in the Bibles section) to go back to the text I was originally studying, it does not take me where I left off, say for example Genesis 10:14, it takes me back to Genesis 10:1, and then I have to scroll down to get back where I left off. I mean it's not that big of a deal (thank you for the scroll bars in SS!) Am I doing something wrong?

It will take you back to the last "set" verse. So if you set Genesis 10:5, then scroll down a bit, then set a different verse, and finally click back again, it will go back to Genesis 10:5.

I could change it so that it always saves the scroll position of the Bible panel, but that has it's plusses and minuses.

Clicking the sync verse widget will always "update" the last position in the Bible panel back history.

One option is to use a clone panel to read a "side verse" like what you described. Hold down CTRL while you click the verse link and it will open in a new floating window, leaving the Bible panel alone. Then you don't have to use the back button at all.

Here's a link for a table of nations map.

You can also find that image in the Big Picture module if you have it. If not you can download it here:

The picture is here in the module:
1634573135376.png

I don't think there is a table for that in the images collection, no.

One option is to use a clone panel to read a "side verse" like what you described. Hold down CTRL while you click the verse link and it will open in a new floating window, leaving the Bible panel alone. Then you don't have to use the back button at all.
Thanks, Brandon! And Bill, too, I will dig in later today, thank you both very much!

Back