6.2 Deluxe Edition Hotfix 2 (6.2.3.8) Free Update Available

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
A free minor update for SwordSearcher 6.2 is available.

This update is for users of version 6.2 only. It includes the fixes from the previously released HotFix 1.

To download this update, open SwordSearcher and go to the HELP menu and choose "Check for Updates." Follow the instructions for downloading the update which will appear.

After updating your program version will be 6.2.3.8.

This is a free "hot fix" update and fixes some minor problems discovered after 6.2 was released, and also addresses some Windows 8 compatibility issues to make SwordSearcher 6.2.3.8 fully compatible with Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro.

More details:

SwordSearcher 6.2 HotFix 2 (6.2.3)

August 2012

This minor update will upgrade SwordSearcher 6.2.x to 6.2.3, correcting problems discovered after the 6.2 CD-ROM was mastered and produced.

The following bugs have been fixed:

• Fixed problems with keyboard and toolbar shortcut for clipboard copy with undocked custom layouts.
  • Minor fix relating to entry selector in Book and Commentary panels with user-editable modules.
  • Fixed StudyClick link code appearing on copied text from Book and Commentary panels if user pressed CTRL+C while mouse was over selected text.
  • Fixed audio playback stopping when Bible panel maximize button clicked. Other minor improvements to Bible audio playback.
  • Fixed focus switching issues.
  • Fixed audio crashing on play verse widget click in Windows 8.
  • Minor cosmetic fixes.
Also, the following changes have been made:

• Removed main window size constraints when "Enable custom layouts" is selected and all of the panels are un-docked. (This means that the main window can be made just large enough to show the main menu and toolbar if the user wants an "undocked layout.")
This HotFix also includes these fixes from HotFix 1:
SwordSearcher 6.2 HotFix 1 (6.2.2)

July 2012

The following bugs have been fixed:

• Fixed StudyClick previews for Webster's 1828 not showing correct volume under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed missing last two words in LSChafer module entry 2.12.
  • Other minor fixes.
Also, the following changes have been made:

• Slightly increased size of panel splitters when system is set to large fonts.
  • Added "Temporarily use touch-size splitters for panels" to Preferences, Misc. Options. Also appears on View menu if a touch input device is present. This makes it possible to resize panels without a mouse (using a pen/digitizer or finger).
  • Workaround for pop-up previews not clearing properly under Windows 8 Release Preview.

Brandon, I'm running SS on my pc which is not connected to the net.

Any chance of getting the hotfix in a downloadable exe file?

Brandon, I'm running SS on my pc which is not connected to the net.

Any chance of getting the hotfix in a downloadable exe file?

Never mind. I forgot how easy you make things. I was able to save the file to my downloads on my online pc. Thanks!

Hi,
Thanks for the update with fixes. I've lost count of how many years I've been using SwordSearcher, but I've loved it from the start! :)I only wish I could have it on my Droid Phone and Samsung Galaxy Tablet 8) I'm using the Discovery Bible there, and it's ... not so great. :cry:

Back