A couple of SS 4 mods

RevTim

Beta Tester
I tried importing Watts Psalms and the Psalms of David in Metre from SS-4 and SS-5 wouldn't let me. Anything I can do so I can get these into 5?

Can you be more specific, re. "wouldn't let me?"

My first suggestion would be to email the author of the module(s) and ask them to update them for SS 5, but if they are user modules, you should be able to import them youself. Can you be more descriptive of the problem you are having?

Can you be more specific, re. "wouldn't let me?"

My first suggestion would be to email the author of the module(s) and ask them to update them for SS 5, but if they are user modules, you should be able to import them youself. Can you be more descriptive of the problem you are having?

Sorry. 5 said they were not user created modules. However, if they were with the program then they would have been in 5. So I'm not quite sure where I acquired them from. Thus I thought I would ask about it. Suggestions?

If you could point me to the URL where you got them, I'd be happy to take a look and see what's going on.

If you could point me to the URL where you got them, I'd be happy to take a look and see what's going on.

Here's the web site

http://www.earnestlycontending.com

The man's name is Jerry Bouey. He appears to have some good stuff online.

Once I realized where I got them from, I did send him an email asking if he plans to update them for v.5, and also if he knew of Forge for future creations.

I hope he'll come on over here and check it out. But if you'd like to check him out, it's over there.

I downloaded the PS-Watts module from the site you linked, and I didn't have any problems importing it into version 5.

Is it possible that the file somehow got marked as read-only on your computer? This could happen if you burned it to a CD-ROM, for example. Part of what determines whether or not the module is a 'user' module is that it can be edited -- if it's read-only on the disk it won't show as an editable module and therefor not a user module.

I downloaded the PS-Watts module from the site you linked, and I didn't have any problems importing it into version 5.

Is it possible that the file somehow got marked as read-only on your computer? This could happen if you burned it to a CD-ROM, for example. Part of what determines whether or not the module is a 'user' module is that it can be edited -- if it's read-only on the disk it won't show as an editable module and therefor not a user module.

Well, it was a while ago so I'm not sure that I did that, however, I'll try d/l'ing the files again, then delete the mods in my 4 folder, then reinstall them and see if I can import them into 5.

Thanks for the help.

Just a thought, but it might be nice when you have the time if you might drop this man a note and see about the possibility of him creating an actual SS mod for the French Bible they have there as html files. I think there might be some missionaries who would appreciate it.

Well, it was a while ago so I'm not sure that I did that, however, I'll try d/l'ing the files again, then delete the mods in my 4 folder, then reinstall them and see if I can import them into 5.

That worked! For all 3 books I had originally d/l'd from there -- both of the books on the Psalms and Bunyan's Holy War also.

I will have to follow your suggestion to get those modules updated to the 5 version of SwordSearcher.

I am not sure if I ever got your email regarding my Psalms modules. I did not get Edition 5 until this spring, so even if I did get the email last year sometime, it might have gotten lost in the shuffle. Actually, looking at the date of this thread, it was probably in the four months after my computer died and before I could get it fixed. Sorry about that.

I will have to email Angela about a French Bible module. Quite a while back, we had emailed Brandon about how to make one, but that was while Angela was still in the early stages of putting it together. Perhaps Brandon can let us know how to go about this, if possible. Thank you. Angela also has version 5.0 of Swordsearcher now.

I will have to follow your suggestion to get those modules updated to the 5 version of SwordSearcher.

I am not sure if I ever got your email regarding my Psalms modules. I did not get Edition 5 until this spring, so even if I did get the email last year sometime, it might have gotten lost in the shuffle. Actually, looking at the date of this thread, it was probably in the four months after my computer died and before I could get it fixed. Sorry about that.

No problem. I hope you'll be encouraged to develop more mods for SS-5, including the french lang. Bible.

Back