A tip

wsbones

Beta Tester
I have been putting dates into entries in my notes and topics that I edit or create in the form of (May 1, 2023) using a keyboard macro .

Using the F3 or F4 key to search a commentary / book I can find all the dated entries of a particular year.

To find all the entries in my Notes commentary that I dated in 2023, I use F4 and enter 2023. To find all the entries dated since 2020 I use * as a wildcard. Type F4 then enter 202*

Thanks for that excellent tip Bill 🙌

If anyone uses AutoHotkey here is the macro that I assigned to Win-Z. You can copy and paste it into AutoHotkey.ahk (the default macro file that come with the AutoHotkey download). AutoHotkey is free software. BTW I am still using V.1 of AutoHotkey. They just released a new version V.2. Here is the website for AutoHotkey -> https://www.autohotkey.com/

#z:: ;insert time
FormatTime, ShortTime,, MMM d, yyyy ;Transforms timestamp into preferred format.
Send, (%ShortTime%)+{Space} ;Inserts date
return

Also, here is a free digital book on Amazon that introduces AutoHotkey with some good tips. It's free for Prime for sure. It might be $.99 otherwise.
1683038625800.png

AutoHotkey Tricks You Ought To Do With Windows (Sixth Edition): If You Do Nothing Else with the Free Autohotkey Software, These Tips Are a Must for Windows ... ( AutoHotkey Tips and Tricks Book 4)

by Jack Dunning | Jul 13, 2015
4.0 out of 5 stars 32
Kindle

$0.00
Digital List Price:
$0.99

Last edited:
Back