AI (not the city)

wsbones

Beta Tester
BIBLE SEARCH CRITERIA: Glor*& (lord|God)& ( Honour| Power| Riches| Wisdom| Right* | Strength|Blessing| Thanksgiving| Praise|Salvation )

AI 2 paragraph summary of the 54 resulting verses using Pilot in MS Edge :

The passages reflect a profound reverence and adoration for the power and glory of the LORD, emphasizing His might in vanquishing foes and His rightful place as the sovereign ruler of all. The verses call upon all people to acknowledge the LORD's strength and to praise His name, recognizing His role as the Deliverer and Savior. The LORD's hand is depicted as both powerful and victorious, a source of salvation that merits continuous thanks and glorification.

In a spirit of gratitude, the texts urge the faithful to vocalize their praise and to stand in awe of the LORD's majesty. The priesthood of believers mentioned as leading this act of worship encourages others to join in blessing the LORD's name. The sentiment shared across these verses is one of unwavering trust in the LORD as the foundation of salvation, strength, and refuge. The righteous are called to rejoice in the LORD, trusting in His protection and seeking His help for the forgiveness of sins, with a commitment to forever praise and glorify His name.

Last edited:
BIBLE SEARCH CRITERIA: Glor*& (lord|God)& ( Honour| Power| Riches| Wisdom| Right* | Strength|Blessing| Thanksgiving| Praise|Salvation )

AI 2 paragraph summary of the 54 resulting verses using Pilot in MS Edge :

The passages reflect a profound reverence and adoration for the power and glory of the LORD, emphasizing His might in vanquishing foes and His rightful place as the sovereign ruler of all. The verses call upon all people to acknowledge the LORD's strength and to praise His name, recognizing His role as the Deliverer and Savior. The LORD's hand is depicted as both powerful and victorious, a source of salvation that merits continuous thanks and glorification.

In a spirit of gratitude, the texts urge the faithful to vocalize their praise and to stand in awe of the LORD's majesty. The priesthood of believers mentioned as leading this act of worship encourages others to join in blessing the LORD's name. The sentiment shared across these verses is one of unwavering trust in the LORD as the foundation of salvation, strength, and refuge. The righteous are called to rejoice in the LORD, trusting in His protection and seeking His help for the forgiveness of sins, with a commitment to forever praise and glorify His name.

All I can say is... Wow

1 Corinthians 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

You're asking a toaster what it's opinion is of scripture?
I did not understand this statement. What is a "toaster"? This is the response from the Apple Dictionary:
toaster | ˈtōstər | noun 1 an electrical device for making toast. 2 a DJ who accompanies reggae with improvised rhythmic speech.

I don't know what "reggae" means, either.

I guess this is over my head. :)

EDIT: Maybe the person who posted, whose moniker is "ASUNDER", was using "toaster" as a metaphor for a computer programmed with what is called artificial intelligence … Artificial or real, I guess I need some intelligence. I think I "get" it now :)

Last edited:
"Toaster" is what the artificial life forms (robots) in the science fiction series Battlestar Galactica are often called by human beings. :) It's a reference to the kitchen appliance.

Anyway, I'm sure wsbones is not seeking spiritual understanding from AI tools.

I don't normally chime on on these kinds of conversations, but I do have some pretty strong opinions about the current rush to use large language models (what is being called "AI") in every aspect of our life, and I think it's important to understand the distinction between work and tools.

One of the actual useful functions of these AI tools is the ability to summarize large portions of text. That seems to operate fairly well.

Should we use this in Bible study?

Only to the extent you would use any other inanimate tool to help with Bible study. SwordSearcher has lots of features, like Word Trees, Word Clouds, and statistical reports, that can be really useful as starting points but are disastrous if they are relied on in place of the Holy Spirit and actual work. There is no getting around work in Bible study if you want to understand the Bible. Someone who rightly divides the word is called a workman.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Of course, workmen have their tools. I hope SwordSearcher is a useful tool in the belt of the Bible study workman, but it won't replace work.

Hearty agreement. I wanted to see if it could produce a useful result. The summary wasn't as useful as discovering the right search criteria. However, maybe asking for a summary was the wrong query.
I love how you are able to pull things out of scripture. SwordSearcher has totally changed my Bible study for the better! I did a search on the Spirit and made a module with the results. It's so edifying to read the verses all together! Thank you Bill and Brandon for sharing your work.

I did not understand this statement. What is a "toaster"? This is the response from the Apple Dictionary:
toaster | ˈtōstər | noun 1 an electrical device for making toast. 2 a DJ who accompanies reggae with improvised rhythmic speech.

I don't know what "reggae" means, either.

I guess this is over my head. :)

EDIT: Maybe the person who posted, whose moniker is "ASUNDER", was using "toaster" as a metaphor for a computer programmed with what is called artificial intelligence … Artificial or real, I guess I need some intelligence. I think I "get" it now :)

"Reggae" is the brand of music that is part of the Jamaican culture... like calypso/soca is the music associated with the culture of my country of Trinidad and Tobago or country western with southern USA ;)

I forgot about the Battlestar Galactica reference. Actually I always called robots "toasters" because of memes like this:

Decepticons.jpg

Although that's what robots are; glorified toasters.
I don't like AI at all.
It's ruining the creative artists industries. And creates a system of reward without work, that damages peoples' dopamine system.
And is/will be a chief weapon used by the enemy to bring about the things we see in prophecy.

I forgot about the Battlestar Galactica reference. Actually I always called robots "toasters" because of memes like this:

Although that's what robots are; glorified toasters.
I don't like AI at all.
It's ruining the creative artists industries. And creates a system of reward without work, that damages peoples' dopamine system.
And is/will be a chief weapon used by the enemy to bring about the things we see in prophecy.

I'm not too keen on AI myself (to put it mildly) 😏

"Toaster" is what the artificial life forms (robots) in the science fiction series Battlestar Galactica are often called by human beings. :) It's a reference to the kitchen appliance.

Anyway, I'm sure wsbones is not seeking spiritual understanding from AI tools.

I don't normally chime on on these kinds of conversations, but I do have some pretty strong opinions about the current rush to use large language models (what is being called "AI") in every aspect of our life, and I think it's important to understand the distinction between work and tools.

One of the actual useful functions of these AI tools is the ability to summarize large portions of text. That seems to operate fairly well.

Should we use this in Bible study?

Only to the extent you would use any other inanimate tool to help with Bible study. SwordSearcher has lots of features, like Word Trees, Word Clouds, and statistical reports, that can be really useful as starting points but are disastrous if they are relied on in place of the Holy Spirit and actual work. There is no getting around work in Bible study if you want to understand the Bible. Someone who rightly divides the word is called a workman.

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Of course, workmen have their tools. I hope SwordSearcher is a useful tool in the belt of the Bible study workman, but it won't replace work.
Amen!

Yay! I love BSG, old and new.

If you want to have real fun with Co-Pilot, ask it if you are a white supremest and then try to convince it you are not. It pretty much berated me. LOL. I won't use AI stuff much. I think it did great on summarizing this. I get what you were trying to convey, @wsbones. It was very interesting.

I saw a video just this week about the use of very small AI drones to hunt down and kill the bad guys. Very chilling. The global elites are going to make sure the antichrist has everything he needs to rise up and maintain his power (at least, from the human point of view). We know the Lord will be in ultimate control.

If you want to have real fun with Co-Pilot, ask it if you are a white supremest and then try to convince it you are not. It pretty much berated me.
Yup, they can't help but tell on themselves with the nature of their systems. Like when asking google gemini to show medieval English Kings and it shows black women. Big yikes.
We are headed into the final days. We need to be putting extra oil into our lamps while we still can.

As for AI, it's the next generation of what we already have. For most models it filters data sets; the same thing computers have always done, just in more efficient ways with bigger data sets. My computer draws info from its hard drive (data set) for it to work. So "AI" is not even AI, with most things that claim to be. A program like this Sword Searcher does the same thing, so I can't get upset about this kind of technology. Except what we are seeing with everything that carries an "AI" label crosses the line in so many ways.

I've played around with AI tools. I agree with Brandon. It's decently useful for basic summaries, but even then, I cross-check anything I've done with it. I'm not a huge fan of it, and I'd still prefer to think instead of letting AI do the work for me.

I've been getting "burned out" by the speed of technology in general and all the "complexity" with it (subscriptions, configuring and updating this and that, etc).

I saw a video just this week about the use of very small AI drones to hunt down and kill the bad guys. Very chilling. The global elites are going to make sure the antichrist has everything he needs to rise up and maintain his power (at least, from the human point of view). We know the Lord will be in ultimate control.
Yup, I see how much of a factor AI will play in the rule of the antichrist... like you said... chilling...

Back