Audio

I use the audio bible a lot playing search results. It would be nice to be able to insert a one or two second pause between verses.

I use the audio bible a lot playing search results. It would be nice to be able to insert a one or two second pause between verses.
Hi...
You can slow down the reading speed too, would that help?
( I personally use x0.9 speed, with the pause button on my keyboard. )

Three seconds doesn't sound like much, but it's actually a pretty long break - try reading something out loud and pause for three seconds between each sentence. It really stops the flow of thought.
I like the audio as it is now, and I often do a search on a subject to see what God has to say about it, then play the search results and listen as if it were written in a letter, as if our Lord says, "This is what I have to say about..."
David Cochran Heath does a good job of pausing slightly between verses. He's easy to listen to - that is, he reads clearly and with cadence. Have you tried him?

I don't mind regular playback of the Bible at all. What I mean is if I search a word or words such as "wise, wisdom" or "fear" or "thus saith the lord" and play the search results, it kind of runs together when it shouldn't. The verses are totally separate statements most of the time. I have many audio Bibles. Been listening for years. Swordsearcher brought about a new aspect of listening for me. Wonderful.

Back