Believer's Bible Commentary by Willam MacDonald

Pastor Langley

Does anyone have an opinion on this work? It is available in other Bible Software I have noticed. Just curious on SwordSearcher users.

I have some of his works, but not that one. I would say based on what I have it would be worthwhile to have.

Excellent resource. I have it in electronic and dead tree versions. If you don't have it, get it. It's only one volume so getting the dead tree version makes perfect sense. I have several Bible software programs, but I also own close to 100 KJV Bibles of the dead tree variety as well. While electronic versions are convenient and offer you lots of power to do things like rapid searching and reverse interlinears on the fly, having something you can hold in your hands and use when technology fails us is quite valuable. Also, it is a good thing sometimes to just unplug from electronics and engage with the word of God the old-fashioned way. It makes you slow down. :) Another good one that just came out as a one volume is the NIV application commentary. The NIVAC is a pretty good resource. I don't think it to be quite as good as the Believer's but they have condensed the multi volume set down into one volume to just give you the most pertinent information. You might want to have a look at that as well. I think dead tree in that is your best bet.

Back