Bible Trivia Question

wsbones

Beta Tester
How many words in the Bible appear as consecutive pairs separated by a space or punctuation? For example:

verily, verily
Noah: Noah

I wrote a regular expression that finds all of these occurrences using a SwordSearcher 6 RegEx search:

Code:
\b(\w+)\W+\1\b

(Go to Search > Bible > RegEx Search and enter the text above as the expression.)

I did not, however, count the differing word pairs in the 187 verses.

Here are the first ten:

Ge 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
Ge 11:10 These are the generations of Shem: Shem was an hundred years old, and begat Arphaxad two years after the flood:
Ge 11:27 Now these are the generations of Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran begat Lot.
Ge 22:11 And the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
Ge 46:2 And God spake unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And he said, Here am I.
Ge 46:7 His sons, and his sons' sons with him, his daughters, and his sons' daughters, and all his seed brought he with him into Egypt.
Ex 3:4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
Ex 10:6 And they shall fill thy houses, and the houses of all thy servants, and the houses of all the Egyptians; which neither thy fathers, nor thy fathers' fathers have seen, since the day that they were upon the earth unto this day. And he turned himself, and went out from Pharaoh.
Ex 15:17 Thou shalt bring them in, and plant them in the mountain of thine inheritance, in the place, O LORD, which thou hast made for thee to dwell in, in the Sanctuary, O Lord, which thy hands have established.
Ex 30:32 Upon man's flesh shall it not be poured, neither shall ye make any other like it, after the composition of it: it is holy, and it shall be holy unto you.

I wrote a regular expression that finds all of these occurrences using a SwordSearcher 6 RegEx search:

Code:
\b(\w+)\W+\1\b
(Go to Search > Bible > RegEx Search and enter the text above as the expression.)

I did not, however, count the differing word pairs in the 187 verses.

Amazingly compact search criteria. It would be difficult by any other means to find these. Here's a list of the words. I may have made a couple errors in removing duplicates.
ABRAHAM, ABRAHAM
ABSALOM, ABSALOM
AHA, AHA
ALAS, ALAS
ALTAR, ALTAR
AMEN, AMEN
ANOTHER: ANOTHER
AWAKE, AWAKE
BESTOW, BESTOW
BROTHER, BROTHER
CHILDREN, CHILDREN
DAVID. DAVID