Bookmarks in SwordSearcher

SilhouetteXX

Hi Brandon,

Please tell me where the bookmarks are stored for SwordSearcher, I've looked in c:\Users\documents\Swordsearcher User Modules. I've also looked in c:\program files\SwordSearcher and Swordsearcher 5 and c:\program files (x86)\Swordsearcher 5 but I can't find them?

Thanks,

Ken Thornton

They're stored in the registry, along with other SwordSearcher settings. I wouldn't recommend trying to manipulate them outside of SwordSearcher.

I don't want to manipulate them, I just want to be able to save them for use in the future if need be?

You could always create a book module called 'Bookmarks' and manually list them there as a backup, add new ones as you go... :) You could link them as well.

Yes that does sound like a good idea Marty, only problem is I don't know how to create a book module? :)

Hi Brandon, I watched the video and I understand now how to create the book module and how to insert the scripture reference which once saved becomes a clickable link that takes you to the bookmarked scripture. I read the user manual as well in reference to bookmarks, now I need to figure out how to create a clickable bookmark for reading in a commentary or a book. For instance I'm presently reading a book by Folger and I've bookmarked it at 06 Baptism, how do I create the clickable link in the bookmark module that will take me to that section of the book?

Hi Ken,

I recorded a video to answer your question more easily here:

http://www.screencast.com/t/LVgRJqMt

Let me know if that helps answer your question. (Sorry the video is a bit noisy, I didn't do my usual post-production.)

Very good, the video explains it perfectly, thanks so much Brandon... :)

Back