Bug in search?

wsbones

Beta Tester
When I have the option in Bible Panel/Additional options set to Remove hyphenation

upload_2018-5-19_12-2-45.png

An exact search for a phrase like "inhabitants of Jabeshgilead" does not work.

upload_2018-5-19_12-6-16.png

It also doesn't work if I specify exact phrase rather than using quotes.

Also wildcard searches do not find all the occurrences for Jabesh* when hyphenation is turned off.

I tried the search after changing my settings to remove the optional hyphen and it would find "Jabeshgilead" but the word wasn't highlighted in the verse list. It wouldn't find "inhabitants of Jabeshgilead" but did find Jabeshgilead with a search for "Jabesh*" (still no highlights).

I have confirmed that this is a bug with the "Remove optional hyphenation of compound names" setting. Thank you for the report.

Will the hyphenation bug fix also fix word trees? Try a word tree for Bethlehem in the book of Ruth.

Could the fix work regardless of the setting in Bible Panel/Additional options? If a user module has search links/tree links, it will fail in some cases depending on the setting.

The word tree needs some special processing to match on hyphenation optionally. But once I address this issue in the module search code it should work fine across the board regardless of the search source. I am thinking that realistically, there shouldn't be a need to distinguish hyphens in a word tree, so they should probably just be ignored regardless of this setting.

Last edited:
Back