Module icon

User-submitted Chapter and Verse Numbers 1.1
Display the number of any chapter and verse

No permission to download

wsbones

Beta Tester
wsbones submitted a new module:

Chapter and Verse Numbers - Display the number of any chapter and verse

One can hover on the margin link for this commentary or click on the commentary tab to see the verse number between 1 and 31102.
View attachment 711

On verse 1:1 of each chapter it displays the chapter number instead of the verse number.
View attachment 710

If you assign CVN to a verse widget then you can hover on the widget to see the result for any verse.

Read more about this module...

This is very cool Bill... thanks :)

A M A Z I N G....!
Thank you Mr. Bill
Once again I've been amazed with this new commentary (CVN) ! ! !
I was working on this for a while.... NOW it's all there.
I hope one day be able to shake your hand, you are amazing, and blessed !!!
Thanks again SIR.
Oh BTW, ... the widget trick is awesome too....thanks.

Is there any way I can get the verse numbers in this module to display with the chapter and verse numbers so the verse numbers will copy with the Bile text into a User Created file. I tend to transpose numbers a lot when typing. Thanks, this program is awesome!

I think the word is interleave / interleaf? When I copy several verses I want it to automatically interleave these verse numbers with the verses they belong to.

Last edited:
If you right-click on a verse, you can choose to copy the verse in the list of options that pop up - then when you paste the verse (or range of verses) into your module, the book, chapter and verse will be included. Does that answer your question?

If you right-click on a verse, you can choose to copy the verse in the list of options that pop up - then when you paste the verse (or range of verses) into your module, the book, chapter and verse will be included. Does that answer your question?

I was wanting it to include those CVN verse numbers from the commentary side of the panel, with each verse, without having to interleave them myself as it is too easy sometimes to get the lines mixed up and manually typing has same problem. I used to do all kinds of "tricks" with the computer that don't work anymore, (those were the days!)-- this time I tried renaming the module as a Bible file to compare but that didn't work. And in the commentary side of the Bible panel it is stuck on Edit mode for the CVN module and I don't know how to get it back out of it. I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with this program. It's a good program, but I seem to be having all sorts of nitpicking little problems trying to figure out things, if I could do that maybe I could figure this one out! I keep going over the training videos and looking at the manual, too. It must be just me. Thanks for your efforts.

I can't quite visualize what you're trying to do. If we look at one thing at a time, I'm sure we can straighten it out. To start with, let's look at the stuck Edit mode. What exactly is the CVN module - is it a commentary module?

I loaded it into my SS, it is in the directory, but does not appear in the SS ?!?!?!?☹
If you click on the drop-down selection arrow, you can choose it off the list. I think if you have specific Bibles selected for your tabs, this one won't show up unless you select it.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 372
Ok.....
SORRY, very very much... i've been working over 75 hours this week....lolll
It was right there under my nose..... hahaaaalolllll.
thank you very much... it is wonderful..... thank you.

I tried renaming the module as a Bible file to compare but that didn't work.

Those file types are very different. Changing the file extensions would just prevent them from loading.

And in the commentary side of the Bible panel it is stuck on Edit mode for the CVN module

I am not sure what this means. I think you are referring to the Bible margin. If the CVN module is user-editable (I have not used it, so I can't say), that would show there with "Edit CVN" links. Is that what you mean? That's normal. If you don't want those links there, they can be turned off, either by turning off the edit links completely, or removing the CVN module from your Bible margin links.

Documentation:
Bible margin: https://www.swordsearcher.com/helpfiles/current/using_the_bible_margin_links.html
Bible panel: https://www.swordsearcher.com/helpfiles/current/the_bible_panel.html

Those file types are very different. Changing the file extensions would just prevent them from loading.

I am not sure what this means. I think you are referring to the Bible margin. If the CVN module is user-editable (I have not used it, so I can't say), that would show there with "Edit CVN" links. Is that what you mean? That's normal. If you don't want those links there, they can be turned off, either by turning off the edit links completely, or removing the CVN module from your Bible margin links.

Documentation:
Bible margin: https://www.swordsearcher.com/helpfiles/current/using_the_bible_margin_links.html
Bible panel: https://www.swordsearcher.com/helpfiles/current/the_bible_panel.html

This helps. I thought about removing it from the list in the margin but couldn't seem to find the right place. The menus take some getting used to of course. I made it into a widget which is better for me than putting it in the margin links. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this. Thank you.

Thanks Mr. Staggs, I got in the habit of trying to do work-arounds. I'm think I'll go get a book on HTML. sometime in the near future.

Documentation:

Yes that worked. The widget will prevent accidentally changing something.

Back