Chiasm

ishaknatan

Beta Tester
Is there any possibility that in the future SS able to show any kind of Chiasm from the Bible similar to Word Trees?

The Word Trees are generated algorithmically. I don't think a Chiastic structure outline could be generated algorithmically.

There are some Chiastic outlines in the Companion Bible Notes.

The Word Trees are generated algorithmically. I don't think a Chiastic structure outline could be generated algorithmically.

There are some Chiastic outlines in the Companion Bible Notes.
Thank you, Brandon.
Hopefully, you might be able in the future as a craftsman. :)

This is what I got from Chat GPT;

A chiastic structure is a literary device that involves the repetition of ideas or themes in a reverse or mirrored order. Although the Book of Esther in the Bible does not follow a strict chiastic structure, I can provide an example of a partial chiastic pattern that highlights some key elements of the story.
A. Introduction and setting (Esther 1:1-9)
B. Deposition of Queen Vashti (Esther 1:10-22)
C. Search for a new queen (Esther 2:1-4)
D. Esther chosen as the queen (Esther 2:5-18)
E. Mordecai saves the king (Esther 2:19-23)
F. Haman's plot against the Jews (Esther 3:1-15)
E'. Mordecai's plea to Esther (Esther 4:1-17)
D'. Esther's request for the king (Esther 5:1-8)
C'. Haman's plan for Mordecai (Esther 5:9-14)
B'. Haman's downfall (Esther 6:1-14)
A'. Conclusion and establishment of Purim (Esther 7:1-10; Esther 9:20-32)

Please note that this structure is a simplified example and does not encompass the entire Book of Esther. It primarily focuses on the rise of Esther, the threats against the Jews, and their subsequent deliverance.

Another one from Bing Microsoft Compose.

Write about
chiasm in the book of esther.

Tone > Professional > Medium Length

Result;

The book of Esther is a remarkable example of **chiasm**, a literary device that arranges words or themes in a symmetrical pattern. The main point of the chiasm is usually found in the center, where the two halves of the structure meet. In the book of Esther, the center is the scene where **the king honors Mordecai** for saving his life, while **Haman** is humiliated (Esther 6:10-11). This is the turning point of the story, where the fate of the Jews is reversed. The chiasm of Esther can be outlined as follows:

A. The king's feast and Vashti's removal (1:1-22)
B. Esther becomes queen (2:1-18)
C. Mordecai saves the king's life (2:19-23)
D. Haman's plot to destroy the Jews (3:1-4:3)
E. Mordecai asks Esther to intervene (4:4-17)
F. Esther's first banquet with the king and Haman (5:1-14)
G. The king honors Mordecai (6:1-14)
F'. Esther's second banquet with the king and Haman (7:1-10)
E'. Mordecai and Esther receive Haman's estate (8:1-2)
D'. Haman's plot is foiled and the Jews are saved (8:3-9:19)
C'. The Jews celebrate their deliverance (9:20-32)
B'. Esther establishes the feast of Purim (9:23-32)
A'. Mordecai's greatness and the king's wealth (10:1-3)

The chiasm of Esther shows how God works providentially to protect his people, even when they are in exile and under threat. It also highlights the courage and faith of Esther and Mordecai, who risked their lives to save their people.

Look in Thomas Constable's notes on the web. He identifies more than 50 examples of chiasm or chiastic structures in the Bible. The notes can be found here:
https://planobiblechapel.org/constable-notes-html/

I am attaching a list of places to look in his various notes. I converted the html notes to a SS module a while back, but I can't share it due to copyright. I found these locations by doing a SS library search on that module.

Chiastic structures are pretty subjective so they need an observer to find them. Pretty hard to code that.

Attachments

• chiastic structures in bible - constable.txt
    20.9 KB · Views: 94
Back