Cloning Topics

wsbones

Beta Tester
How can I easily clone a few useful reference topics to have on the screen?

Cloning is easy. All one needs is a link or a verse and then control-click on it. It can automatically dock or float. (file menu/preferences and settings/layout menu)

When I start SwordSearcher I like to clone the Bible window and play audio from the clone window. That way I can use the Bible window for looking up verses while the audio plays. I open the reading schedule and select the reading. It opens in the Bible window. I ctrl-click the top verse reference in the Bible window to make the clone panel. The audio controls are on the bottom of the cloned panel.

I would also like to put a few useful topics in clone panels. They can come from any of the Book and Dictionary topics or any Commentary entry. I don't really want to have to find them every time I start SwordSearcher. There might be a better solution, but here's one I came up with:

Make a new topic in my user module. The module is called _Tpx . I use the underscore so the module always is in the top left corner of my Books and Dictionaries window. I name the topic so that it sorts first by putting a double underscore before the name. In this case I called it __Ctrl-click a Topic link below to make a cloned panel.

Edit the topic and start adding links to the various module topics you want to be able to clone easily. Adding links is done in the editor menu.
1599516028088.png

Save it and try ctrl-clicking each link. If you make floating clone panels you can dock them by dragging and dropping them in another window.

Here's a picture of my Books and Dictionaries window after ctrl clicking the links:
1599514306907.png

Here's an example of my SS desktop after cloning and moving panels to dock in various windows. I reduced the size to be able to upload the picture.
1599515725187.png

There might be a better solution, but here's one I came up with:

I can't think of a better way.

I think it would be useful to allow you to save your desktop including the cloned panel content, so you wouldn't have to re-create the extra panels when you start up. I'll bump that on my feature request list.

I think it would be useful to allow you to save your desktop including the cloned panel content, so you wouldn't have to re-create the extra panels when you start up. I'll bump that on my feature request list.
Amen for that, I would be a BIG fan of that feature ! ! ! 😁

To every SwordSearcher's members/users, ... is there "ANY" other software that you can "order à la carte"....???????
I am amazed....

I love so much my SwordSearcher, AMEN.
KJV 1611 was created by GOD Himself, "Then" came SwordSearcher, right before the invention of the wheel.

That is how I see it ! ! ! 😁

Back