Copy & paste help

JustJerry

Recently I had a Trojan hit my computer and really made a big mess out of it, but now I have everything working very good once again except for some reason I cannot get SwordSeacher to copy & paste as it once did. I do my sermon outline in Microsoft Works bulletin. Before I had my font set to Courier New, and when I would copy & paste verses into my outline they would paste in the Courier New font. I've tired everything I can think of.

I might add that I like SwordSearcher quite well, and have been using it since the 5.4.1 version, them updated to version 6.0.1, and today just got the update CD for 6.1.1. This is my 1st time to have a problem with it. And it seems no matter what I do I cannot get it to post in Courier New which I have as the default font in SwordSearcher.

Thanks,
JustJerry

It's possible you had SwordSearcher set to always use "plain text copy" mode.

Go to Edit, Configure Copy/Export Formatting, and check the box that says "Plain Text Only for Clipboard."

Also, go to File, Preferences, Misc. Options, and check "Use plain-text clipboard copy with marked text in displays."

Usually the default (un-checked) settings work well, but for some applications these options can be helpful. Please try it and let me know.

Actually, reviewing your post again, my suggestions may not make a difference. It is possible that you had a setting in your word processor which affected the clipboard paste text.

Thanks for the replies.

In verse exporting I have tired checking "Plain Text Only for Clipboard,' & leaving it not checked. It seems to make no difference.

I suppose since reformatting my computer after all the things that Trojan messed up something was changed that's causing this problem. I will keep messing with it from time to time & hopefully I can get it bad like it was.

Thanks,
JsutJerry

Thanks for the replies.

In verse exporting I have tired checking "Plain Text Only for Clipboard,' & leaving it not checked. It seems to make no difference.

How do you do your copy? Do you mark text with the mouse, or do you right-click and use one of the copy version options?

Back