Ctrl+F

Johnny NL

Marnin' Ya'all . . .
Was wondering if there was an easy way to change the Ctrl+F Highlight color, from yellow to something else ?

(it kind of conflict with my color code of my regular highlights.)
I would love to set it as: 255 0 255

Last edited:
I don't think there is an easy way. I asked that question quite a while ago for the same reason. I don't highlight in yellow any more ;) I use underlines instead, especially in dark mode.
1637514649722.png

I don't think there is an easy way. I asked that question quite a while ago for the same reason. I don't highlight in yellow any more ;) I use underlines instead, especially in dark mode.
View attachment 1828
I even tried to change it from Microsoft...
regit / -->

How to change the highlight color properly / permanently?​

Hi folks.

I'm trying to change the highlight color Win10 is using to highlight text and other objects.

As far as I could figure it out, the default value is (r0 g120 b215), the "standard Win10 blue", which is stored in the registry here:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight

Editing this key can be done manually or by using third party tools (e.g. "Classic Color Panel" from WinTools), changes take effect after restarting the Windows explorer - so far so good.

Now comes the strange part: The old/default color comes back after a user is logged off and on again, or after the system was hibernated. After rebooting the modified color is there again.

This problem occurs/occurred so far in all version (build 1507 to 1709) and editions (home and pro).

Any suggestions how to change the highlight color properly (and permanently)?

BUT, it does not change SS9 Ctrl+F highlight color.... 😭

Was wondering if there was an easy way to change the Ctrl+F Highlight color, from yellow to something else ?
No, sorry. I could go into technical details on it, but the bottom line is, that color is not something under SwordSearcher's control, so there is no user setting for it.

Back