Custom Verse Copy

dsl

You offer 10 different copy styles for pasting and they work well.

It would be nice to see the ability to create custom verse copy formats. This would work perhaps by providing fields of the verse data that can be mingled with plane text to form the text that ends up on the clip board for pasting. For example (a very simple example) if I wanted quotation marks around the text of the verse and the Book Chapter and Verse in parenthesis I might do it like this:
"{VerseText}" ({Book} Chap. {Chap} vvs. {BeginVsNo}-{EndVsNo})

This would produce:
"And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living. Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them." (Genesis 3:20-21)

A more complex example then the above case would need conditionals (if I only copied one verse in the above case then I would have a hanging - ) and some means iterating across the verses in a range say to put verse numbers at the beginning of each verse in superscript html tags in a paragraph layout for instance.

<sup>{BeginVsNo}</sup>{BeginVsText} etc..

I don't know if anyone else would find this useful or not but it would be very helpful to me so I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Thank you for your suggestion. This is on the feature request list. I do not know how soon custom copy configuration will be implemented, but it is planned.

Back