Daily Bible and Prayer

Brother Mike

Hello Brandon,

How difficult would it for me to do a custom Bible reading plan for DBAP based on the M'Cheyne reading schedule? Is it even possible?

Thanks
Mike

Hello Brandon,

How difficult would it for me to do a custom Bible reading plan for DBAP based on the M'Cheyne reading schedule? Is it even possible?

Thanks
Mike

From what I know of him (admittedly not too much), he was a pretty awesome Christian. Just out of curiosity, Mike, what do you find you like about him most?

And how's things going for you as a deacon?

Hello Brandon,

Thanks
Mike

It's not possible. The Daily Bible and Prayer program doesn't support third-party reading plans.

I will consider adding the MCheyne reading schedule as a supported plan type.

It's not possible. The Daily Bible and Prayer program doesn't support third-party reading plans.

I will consider adding the MCheyne reading schedule as a supported plan type.

Thanks for the consideration, Brandon.

From what I know of him (admittedly not too much), he was a pretty awesome Christian. Just out of curiosity, Mike, what do you find you like about him most?

And how's things going for you as a deacon?

To be truthful, I know very little about him either. I have done some cursory investigation and, as yourself, have seen that he was a very solid Christian.

I receive a quarterly periodical of daily devotions, and they include his reading plan in it. It is an IFB produced devotion, so I looked into it. Seems an interesting plan, and the ideas of private and family devotional reading is nice as well.

My service as a deacon ended last year. We have an extremely small church and it was a difficult process. Not really enough to keep 2 deacons busy, plus there were some other issues as well. We do not even have a deacon board any more. Thanks for your interest.

I have looked in on your bravenet journal from time to time and have been disappointed that you have not been keeping it up. It was always an enjoyable read.

Take care

Mike, have you considered finding the M'Cheyne reading plan online and making it a user module for SwordSearcher?

Hi Marty

I had, but it would require some modification to the charts. The nice thing about DBAP is that if a day is missed for whatever reason, it keeps track.

The usual M'Cheyne starts Jan 1, and the rest of the schedule is daily from there. More flexible in DBAP, but a module could work in a pinch.

To be truthful, I know very little about him either. I have done some cursory investigation and, as yourself, have seen that he was a very solid Christian.

I receive a quarterly periodical of daily devotions, and they include his reading plan in it. It is an IFB produced devotion, so I looked into it. Seems an interesting plan, and the ideas of private and family devotional reading is nice as well.

My service as a deacon ended last year. We have an extremely small church and it was a difficult process. Not really enough to keep 2 deacons busy, plus there were some other issues as well. We do not even have a deacon board any more. Thanks for your interest.

I have looked in on your bravenet journal from time to time and have been disappointed that you have not been keeping it up. It was always an enjoyable read.

Take care

I have a book of his sermon outlines. I can only imagine how it must have been when he preached them!

Your comments about my journal are kind. I've thought about trying to start again, but still haven't figured out how to balance some of the competing demands on my time.

(Honestly, I guess I'm surprised it's still there! I'm not even sure I can remember how to get to it!)

Stay blessed!

Back