(Developer?) Question on bookmarks

KptnFmrs

Beta Tester
Maybe this has been discussed...
Using a cursory search I could not find anything on this...

I would like to see the bookmark tool enhanced in two ways.

1. I would like to be able to type a a verse reference into a bookmark placeholder.
Psalms 23 for example... The whole chapter easily fits into the Bible Panel.
The bookmark tool selects Psalms 23:1 no matter which of the six verses is being referenced.
The only way I have found to select Psalms 23:6 is to shrink the Bible Panel so that only one verse fits. hen use the "back" arrow and "forward" arrow and then bookmark it. Being able to directly enter a verse would eliminate this process.

2. I would like to be able to save a bookmark list.

Someone please straighten me out if these capabilities exist but I have been unable to figure out how to use them.

BroKen

If you right click on the verse ref in the Bible panel, you can choose bookmark from the popup menu. That seems to work.

You are right about the bookmarks menu item. It only sets to vs. 1. I never noticed that before.

Right-clicking the verse you want to bookmark is the best way to do it. The main menu option looks to see what the first visible verse in the Bible panel is, so that doesn't always work the way you want it to.

As for the second question, this isn't currently an option. It could be implemented in a future version. However, the bookmark system is intended to be very simple. If the 10 bookmark shortcuts aren't enough, you might consider creating a user book module instead, storing your links topically that way.

Right clicking solves the specific verse problem I was having. I never looked for it there. Thanks.

...and I'll explore the user book module option.

Thanks again.

BroKen

Back