Editing User Modules in 5.3

Eric

Beta Tester
When editing a user book in version 5.3 , is there a keyboard shortcut for switching between "Design Mode" and "Code Edit Mode" on the Edit menu?

Oh, I see! It's "Alt-E-D" and "Alt-E-O-Enter". Great!!

When I try to use "Alt-s" (Search) when editing a user book, the editing screen closes and I'm back to the regular SS desktop. All the other hot-keys with "Alt-" work. Interesting enough, I found that "Alt-S" (capital "S") DOES work, while for the other commands a capital or small letter works.

Now I know why -- it's because "Alt-s" (small "s") saves and closes the window when you're done editing.

When editing a user module in 5.3, is there a way to search for "[any digit].[any digit]"? I want to see if I have any references that have not been converted to SS format. The original references were in "John 3.16" format. Or maybe there's a better way to do this? For some reason some references didn't come through Forge right and I manually found them. In my current module all converted ones have changed to SS abbreviations with colons.

When editing a user module in 5.3, is there a way to search for "[any digit].[any digit]"?

No -- the Find control in the user editor is a simple string search, so there's no way to do that.

No problem! Just having a search function when editing a user module is a great blessing! I've already used it.

I notice that the editor search cannot find leading spaces. You can't search for _3 where _ is a space. It ignores the leading space in the search dialog box. Actually you cannot search for multiple spaces either. Not a big deal. I just copy and paste to an external editor and then paste it back after making changes.

Back