English to Hebrew/Greek Analysis

Ken Sturgeon

Is there a way to see how many times an English word is translated into all the various forms of the Hebrew/Greek source? For instance, if I do a word search on "evil" I can see that it appears 613 times in the bible and the passage analysis gives fantastic insight as to where it's used. What I'm wondering is if there's a way to see, in a single panel (perhaps in the passage analysis), how many different Hebrew or Greek origins from which it was translated and how many times it was translated from each? How many times was "evil" translated from G2549, or G2551, or H1100? Something similar to the "Match [Frequency|Count] by Book" sections that appear in Passage Analysis.

Match by Strong's Greek Dictionary
Word:
evil
H205(78)n%[....bar graph....]
[H|G]nnn(n)n%[....bar graph....]
G2549(n)n%[....bar graph....]

I wouldn't be at all surprised if similar functionality already exists and I just haven't found it. :)

Thanks for all you do Brandon.
Ken Sturgeon

Not exactly, but the ESI will get you some of what you're after. (Apart from the graphs and stats, you're kind of describing the Young's Analytical Concordance.)

Search > English-Strong's Indexer

It's important to keep in mind that this is not a curated text. It's generated on-the-fly by looking at the Strong's tagging after the English text, and so sometimes the connections can appear a bit puzzling and so study is required.

Thank you Brandon. I actually had looked at the English-Strong's Indexer but clearly didn't pay enough attention to the detail provided therein. Don't you wish people like me would just RTM (read the manual) more attentively? :) Sorry to have troubled you.

Thank you Brandon. I actually had looked at the English-Strong's Indexer but clearly didn't pay enough attention to the detail provided therein. Don't you wish people like me would just RTM (read the manual) more attentively? :) Sorry to have troubled you.
All the questions help the rest of us either see what we've been missing or getting answers to questions we didn't know how to ask. So THANKS! :D

All the questions help the rest of us either see what we've been missing or getting answers to questions we didn't know how to ask. So THANKS! :D

I heartily agree because I've kinda been wanting something like this but didn't know how to go about it. Really thanks a bunch for asking Ken!! 😁

No trouble at all. Happy to have these kinds of things public here for anyone to see.

I use the Bible search and search for a word such as endur* and change the bible to KJVSL. That will find all the words beginning with endur and each entry shows the Greek or Hebrew word each verse uses.

Back