Find and replace in red

Regie

I am trying to do a CTRL H and find the word pg and replace it with pg in red. There must be a way to do it, but I have not figured it out. Any help will be appreciated.

Regie

The editor does not have a format-based search-and-replace (like Word). If you do want to do something like that, I'd suggest copying the text into Word, making your format-based search-and-replace there, and then copying the result back. The other option would be to do it with the Code mode editor, if you know how you want the HTML code to look, but that would be fairly complex.

The editor does not have a format-based search-and-replace (like Word). If you do want to do something like that, I'd suggest copying the text into Word, making your format-based search-and-replace there, and then copying the result back. The other option would be to do it with the Code mode editor, if you know how you want the HTML code to look, but that would be fairly complex.
Thank you much. I know some HTML coding but I do not use it much at all and much prefer the regular SS approach. SwordSearcher is by far my favorite bible program.

I played with this a little and found that in the SwordSearcher editor, you can copy a red pg once, then use Ctrl F to find the next occurrence of pg, close the Find dialog box (which leaves the pg highlighted), Ctrl V to paste the red pg, Ctrl F to find the next occurrence, close the Find dialog box, Ctrl V, repeat. It could be a little tedious if you have many, but the Find dialog will retain the "pg" so you don't have to type that in each time, and with the F and V so close together, you can easily use your left hand for Ctrl F or V, and your right hand can click either 'find' or 'cancel' - you get into a rhythm ([left hand] Ctrl V, Ctrl F, [right hand] Find, Cancel) and it actually goes pretty fast.

I agree with you - SwordSearcher is by far my favorite Bible program, too! There are so many features and options that it quickly becomes a uniquely personal tool.

I played with this a little and found that in the SwordSearcher editor, you can copy a red pg once, then use Ctrl F to find the next occurrence of pg, close the Find dialog box (which leaves the pg highlighted), Ctrl V to paste the red pg, Ctrl F to find the next occurrence, close the Find dialog box, Ctrl V, repeat. It could be a little tedious if you have many, but the Find dialog will retain the "pg" so you don't have to type that in each time, and with the F and V so close together, you can easily use your left hand for Ctrl F or V, and your right hand can click either 'find' or 'cancel' - you get into a rhythm ([left hand] Ctrl V, Ctrl F, [right hand] Find, Cancel) and it actually goes pretty fast.

I agree with you - SwordSearcher is by far my favorite Bible program, too! There are so many features and options that it quickly becomes a uniquely personal tool.
Thank you much for your work on this. I did not use this "pg" after all, but maybe I or others can remember your message if we run into similar again. May God richly bless you.
Regie

Back