Floating layout

wsbones

Beta Tester
I am using the all floating layout below.

upload_2016-10-4_9-30-54.png

When I close the existing search window and do a new search, the search result docks inside the Bible window even though I had it floating previously. See below:
upload_2016-10-4_9-32-11.png

Hi Bill,

With your layout the way you like it (including a search result window), exit SwordSearcher, and then please go to %APPDATA%\SwordSearcher and send me your LastLayout6 file there. Send it to bstaggs@swordsearcher.com.

While it is certainly possible to do an undocked layout as you have, it isn't really something I have planned for or tested extensively. With your layout file I should be able to step through and see what is going on, and maybe give proper support for the layout you're trying to achieve.

SS doesn't always result in the above behavior. I can't determine exactly what causes this to happen.

Floating layouts can be wierd sometimes. Make Alt-a your friend :)

Hi Bill,

With your layout the way you like it (including a search result window), exit SwordSearcher, and then please go to %APPDATA%\SwordSearcher and send me your LastLayout6 file there. Send it to bstaggs@swordsearcher.com.

While it is certainly possible to do an undocked layout as you have, it isn't really something I have planned for or tested extensively. With your layout file I should be able to step through and see what is going on, and maybe give proper support for the layout you're trying to achieve.

I'll send it but the problem is not happening at the moment.

I'll send it but the problem is not happening at the moment.

If you do experience the problem again, exit SwordSearcher and then make a copy of that LastLayout6 file for me to take a look at. It saves the layout as it is when SwordSearcher is closed, and will let me see what happens the next time it is used.

If you do experience the problem again, exit SwordSearcher and then make a copy of that LastLayout6 file for me to take a look at. It saves the layout as it is when SwordSearcher is closed, and will let me see what happens the next time it is used.
Will do

Thanks. I will be looking into it soon.

Can I ask a question?

When you say `floating layout´.. does that mean grabbing the panels by their Title bar, and dragging them away (apart) from the main window? (then resizing and positioning?)

Can I ask a question?

When you say `floating layout´.. does that mean grabbing the panels by their Title bar, and dragging them away (apart) from the main window? (then resizing and positioning?)
Yes, you can undock (float) any of the panels and move them around as unattached windows. You can even put them on different monitors if you have that kind of setup.

You can also nest them inside each other and pretty much manipulate the layout any way you like. It's awesome!

You need to turn on layout customization under the View menu first or you can do it under the layout icon
upload_2016-10-6_10-31-52.png

Back