Forge Question/Request

pjfox777

Does anyone have a "sample" TXT file for a user editable commentary to enter into Forge? I have seen one for the Bible format, but not a Commentary.

I am interested in compiling a few commentaries, but as they are large, it would take too much time to do using the built in editor in SS. I have been doing this, but it is taking a LONG time!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Peter

Here's a few lines from one of my commentaries. All the html is not necessary. Mostly you would use bold, italic, underline, breaks, and paragraphs (i.e. <b>...</b> <i>...</i> <u>...</u> <br> <p> and anything else that works). Bible verses will be converted without using <scripref>...</scripref>.

When you use Forge, be sure to check the commentary radio box.

===============

; User commentary module
; ENCODING: UTF-8
; TITLE: Questions Jesus Asked
; ABBREVIATION: QJA

$$ Mt 5:13
<html> <head> </head> <body> <p><b>If the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted?</b> </p> <p>Christians who have lost their witness or testimony no longer have the ability to convict or convince others of sin.&nbsp; They have become hypocrites and are of no use as an&nbsp;sweet savor or preservative.&nbsp; They are not serving the purpose for which they were saved.&nbsp; They are like a light that is hidden or not providing light.&nbsp; An out-of-commission light house does not provide a signal of danger.&nbsp; They have become disfunctional.</p> </body> </html>
$$ Mt 5:46
<html> <head> </head> <body> <p><strong>what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?</strong></p> <p>There is no reward for doing what is required or common.</p> </body> </html>
$$ Mt 5:47
<html> <head> </head> <body> <p><b>What do ye more than others?</b> </p> <p>Reasonable service (<scripref>Ro 12:1-2</scripref>) is a living sacrifice.</p> <p>If we just do our duty we are unprofitable servants. (<scripref>Lu 17:10</scripref>)</p> <p>If we do what others do by nature, how will anyone see a difference?</p> </body> </html>
$$ Mt 6:25
<html> <head> </head> <body> <p><b>Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?</b> </p> <ul> <li>Why should we take&nbsp;extra thought about eating, drinking, clothing.</li> <li>Life is too short.</li> <li>God will provide those necessary things if we trust him.</li> </ul> </body> </html>

Thank you very much Bill! I also noted in the "User Manual" for Forge that there is a sample code in there. :rolleyes: Guess I shoulda read more in the manual first! LOL!

Thanks though. That does help with some of the HTML!

Peter

Back