Forum upgrade

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
Frequent visitors will notice that the forum looks a bit different. The forum software has been upgraded to its latest major release. If you notice anything not working correctly, please let me know. Hopefully things won't take too much getting used to.

Looks really sharp, GREAT !!!;)
Smilies do not work properly....(not all of them .)

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Hmm, all 12 working here. Not sure what that could be...

Also, this forum software has full support for the Unicode emoji range. Support on computers varies, but with Windows 10, you can press the Win+<period> shortcut to bring up an "emoji keyboard" for a gazillion more of these little things. ?

Also, besides the cosmetic and functional improvements, the forum is now hosted on a secure (https) domain, and I have re-enabled the ability to log in or create an account via Facebook, which should lower the barrier of entry for new users.

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O❤???
Works here. Thanks for the tip about the Win+. Too much fun!

.?....I do need a new set of these.... it works !!!!!....? they even have the "pizza" one !!!!!..?????
GREAT..... ! ?.... and of course, the KJV one !
BEAUTIFUL..... Amen....!

The new setup is very very nice/functional/bright/and friendly user. great job......AGAIN !
Thanks.

I'm having to log in every morning when I come to the forum, even though the "Stay logged in" box is checked.

I'm having to log in every morning when I come to the forum, even though the "Stay logged in" box is checked.

I haven't experienced this... does it work throughout the day without you having to log in every time you visit?

I haven't experienced this... does it work throughout the day without you having to log in every time you visit?
Three pages open when I go into Chrome - one of them is this forum. It's open all day until I close down the computer at night. I'll close Chrome and reopen and see if I have to log in again. If I don't have to log in, I'll restart the computer and see what happens.

Yes, I had to log in again when I restarted Chrome.

I am using Chrome and I don't see that. My guess is that you have Chrome set to clear cookies on exit.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&hl=en

See the section that says "delete cookies after you close chrome." If "Keep local data only until you quit your browser " is turned on, you'll be forced to log in again the next time you open Chrome. Is that it?
No, cookies are allowed and "Keep local data only..." is off. I have to leave the house for a while - will get back to this when I get home this afternoon. :)

I checked to see what cookies are listed for Google, closed Chrome and reopened it - I had to log in to the forums again, so I checked the cookies again - still showing 6 cookies. Maybe I'll delete the cookies and see if that will cure the problem? [Tried it - didn't work.]

Attachments

• cookies1.jpg
    cookies1.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
I'm sorry, I am out of ideas. I looked through the security options on my forum account to see if there is anything like "require login every visit" or something, but I didn't see anything like that. Unless I explicitly log out of the forum, I am automatically logged in when I come back. As far as I can tell, the only setting that matters is the "Stay logged in" check box which you have said is already checked. :confused:

AHA! Got it! I decided to try Microsoft Edge and see if it would keep me logged in and it did - but in Edge's settings I had to enter each page to open on startup. <light bulb>! I went back to Chrome and checked the startup pages there and the one for these forums was indeed different. Changed it and Voila! we're back in business! Well, THAT was fun! :)

Back