Implemented! Freeze Book and Commentary Tabs

Ken Sturgeon

I would love to see the ability to freeze the book and commentary tabs instead of having them rearrange themselves every time I select one.

This is a common request and I hope/plan to implement it soon. The tab control used in SwordSearcher is designed to maintain the tab paradigm by always making the "card" connect to the tab. This is visually "correct" but hard for some people to use because, as you say, they move around (the rows rotate to keep the active tab connected to the card area). I need to customize the control to change it and give the option to keep them static. It's on my to-do list.

In the meantime, you might consider changing the tab to be single-row. This may not be better since it means you can't see all of them at once, but for some people it works well:

(File, Preferences)
2016-11-24_7-04-11.png

Thank you Brandon. Please don't think my requests (this or any future) to imply that I haven't fallen in love with SwordSearcher. :) It's an excellent application that clearly shows your mastery of the programming skills you employ. Thank you very much for all you do for the Christian community with SwordSearcher and your King James Bible Page.

Please don't think my requests (this or any future) to imply that I haven't fallen in love with SwordSearcher.

Thanks! I always appreciate feedback and feature requests.

Update: As mentioned here, this functionality was implemented in 8.1 and is a configurable option.

Back