"Go to Next" when using Ctrl-F in one entry in a book

Eric

Beta Tester
Maybe this or something similar is already available. When I'm in a book such as the McClintock & Strong Cyclopedia (where the entries can be very long; see, e.g., "Passover"), I sometimes use Ctrl-F to go back to a place where I read something and remember a key word. It's good that "Highlight All" is available, but I've found that sometimes the sheer volume of data there makes it hard to find something. Would a "Go to Next" button be good there? I guess this would be good for commentary modules, too. There are some really long commentary entries, too.

This is a system dialog so it's possible it is different depending on what version of Windows you have, but there should be a next button for the Ctrl+F search dialog.
2015-10-21_7-37-54.png

This is a system dialog so it's possible it is different depending on what version of Windows you have, but there should be a next button for the Ctrl+F search dialog.
Wouldn't you know it! It wasn't there when I posted my suggestion, and now it's already there. How is that for service?! One of the benefits of not being observant enough is that when things are pointed out to you that you missed before, you can rejoice in your new discoveries. It's there in XP, too, of course. I don't know what – if anything – I was thinking, but I did not see it when I wanted it. Oh, boy…

Sorry for the goose chase.

If there are several items found on the page, it's hard to tell which one is the current one found item until it goes off the page. If you uncheck the "highlight all", it doesn't highlight any (at least on my system). Try finding 'the' in a long entry as an example.

If there are several items found on the page, it's hard to tell which one is the current one found item until it goes off the page. If you uncheck the "highlight all", it doesn't highlight any (at least on my system). Try finding 'the' in a long entry as an example.

Indeed, seems to me with "Highlight All" off, the one should be highlighted. Maybe I'm being less than observant again :)

Back