God bless you for this great program

Ruthlyn

Beta Tester
I just want to take the time to let folks know that this is indeed a God blessed program. It is simple and very user friendly. It is great for the serious Bible student and the simple one like myself :). Thanks Brother and may God continue to reward your efforts!

Thanks to everyone for thier kind comments! I love working on SwordSearcher and it's great to be able to chat with people using the program.

Great Program

I have a website at: http://magicref.tripod.com where I have reviewed many of the Bible Software packages available (sorry it is quite a bit out of date at the moment!). After having tried many of these, to include commercial programs like Logos & Quickverse, I like Swordseacher the best.

Granted, for some, Swordsearcher won't have the features and modules that they might desire in a Bible Program, but I have found it to be fast, easy to use, and equipped with most of the resources I need.

There are some good, free programs, such as e-Sword, OnlineBible, and The Sword Project, but I still prefer Swordsearcher.

Doug A.

Kudos Brandon for a great Bible software program!! I use it extensively and find it invaluable! ;)

God bless,

Ray 8)

I've used SS for years and appreciate it. I'm glad there's a forum for users now also. I'll be particularly interested in user-created modules offered for free d/l'ing. Blessings.

Thanks Brandon

I also want to add my thanks for a great program. I have been using SS since version 1.something and appreciate all the work that you have put into it over the years.

When I found SS I was about to give up and make my own. I had just started with VB the week before. Needless to say I trashed that idea, I didn't have the time anyhow.

keep up the good work my brother.

SS v.1 ???

Wow, I would have liked to see that.

I still use 3.4 because I just go so used to it, but of course the difference between 3.x and 4.x is striking, and good improvements.

Interesting to know Brandon's done work on Power Bible too.

Blessings.

SS v.1 ???

Actually, SwordSearcher 1 was called Bible Assistant and was a command-line DOS program.

SwordSearcher 2 was a mouse-controled DOS program, and it is included on your Deluxe CD-ROM for nostalgic purposes. :) If you really want to see that, it's in the Old-2.0 folder on the CD.

Really? Wow... I'll have to go a looking... Thanks & blessings.

Brandon, I have used Sword Searcher now for four years. I own LOGOS, QuickVerse, and others. I like the idea of the library I can build with LOGOS (although it can be quite costly) and have. The contributors have been many and the platform is stable.
I have used QuickVerse since 1987 and use the Sermon Builder software as well.
BUT I begin each study and sermon preparation with Sword Searcher. There are many times that I do not even open the others.
I LOVE THIS PROGRAM.

I know this has been a labor of love for you. It flows from every revision you make. Thank you!

PastorTim said:
Really? Wow... I'll have to go a looking... Thanks & blessings.

Wow.

I found it. I would never have thought to look on the disk because frankly, the only thing I've ever used it for is installing the program, and since that starts on it's own, I just never checked it out.

I guess I didn't even realize that 3.4 was on it.

I played with v.2.0 a little. Like I say, Wow. So primitive in comparison, but I'm sure at the time it was quite an accomplishment. And then when you compare 2 with 3.4, wow, what a leap forward. Just as 4.x is a leap forward from 3.4.

I would be curious to know. Was it simply not possible to add any of the books / commentaries you did in 3.x to 2.x? Just a matter of being curious.

Blessings.

I would be curious to know. Was it simply not possible to add any of the books / commentaries you did in 3.x to 2.x? Just a matter of being curious.

When I wrote SwordSearcher 2 (for DOS), DOS was beginning to be supplanted by Windows pretty significantly. For a while I did think about adding more to it, but decided to write SwordSearcher 3 instead for Windows 95.

It's hard to believe just how much bible programs have developed over the last ten years. I remember then, marveling at finding scriptures so quickly and Cruden's concordance became obsolete overnight ..... but then again I never did like that old joke?

• Young's concordance for young Christians
    Strong's concordance for strong Christians
    Cruden's concordance for crude Christians

Every time I use SS, I get goosebumps. Thank you, Brandon, for all your work! I only have one other Bible software program (a gift), which I haven't used in years. It cost more than yours and doesn't do a third of what yours does. I've given several SS CDs as gifts.

Lance said:
It's hard to believe just how much bible programs have developed over the last ten years. I remember then, marveling at finding scriptures so quickly and Cruden's concordance became obsolete overnight ..... but then again I never did like that old joke?

• Young's concordance for young Christians
    Strong's concordance for strong Christians
    Cruden's concordance for crude Christians

That's funny, never heard that one. And never heard of Young's. Personally, I found Cruden's to be one of the best tools next to my Bible and my Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, way back in the olde dayse whene Iee wase stille usinge bookse...

Sharp

Here it is:

0917006291.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I suppose we could add SwordSearcher's concordance for sharp Christians. :D

Re: Great Program

magicref said:
I have a website at: http://magicref.tripod.com where I have reviewed many of the Bible Software packages available (sorry it is quite a bit out of date at the moment!). After having tried many of these, to include commercial programs like Logos & Quickverse, I like Swordseacher the best.

It looks like the website has just been updated. This site has the most thorough overviews of Bible study software I'm aware of.

After all the time you spent reviewing the software I think it says a lot that SS is your software of choice.

Thanks Doug.

A direct link to the page Jeff referred to is http://magicref.tripod.com/bibrev/biblpc.htm

SwordSearcher is by no means the most comprehensive bible program available but its strength lies in its ?no nonsense? search facility. Other programs such as Libronix Digital Library System [Logos] put great strains on a computer's computing power and the early versions of it took ?forever? to load. This has improved with the latest version (2.1c] but it is still mighty slow when compared with SwordSearcher. WordSearch 7 [Cross] is quicker than Libronix and on a par with it but again its search facility simply does not compare with SwordSearcher.

I found it easy in live chat to find things quickly with SwordSearcher that gave the impression of great bible knowledge when all the accolades were really due to SwordSearcher. None of my other programs came anywhere near (but I do wish my posts on this forum didn't mysteriously disappear).

Bible Software Review

Doug (magicref) - This is awesome. Thanks for all your work on this. I had done something similar on my web page but only on a much smaller scale, and that was a ton of work. What you did is way above the call of duty.

Next week I'll be referring my Sunday School class to your review page.

Thanks again.

-- Jerry

Back