Having trouble with bookmarks going to my books.

IamKJVonly

I have bookmark 1 set to go to my book A (The first subject in that book).
I'm in the commentary section and I select bookmark 1 but it will only go the my book A (first subject) if My Book A is the active book in the book section. Otherwise nothing happens.

What do I need to do to get the book mark 1 to work no matter what book I have active in the book section?

Thanks for any help.
It's probably in the manual but as usual I didn't see where.
Dave

It shouldn't need to be active for the bookmark to work. What version of SwordSearcher are you using?

Brandon
I just had an idea and did a quick test. The problem only occurs when I'm bookmarking a book that I created. The book marks work ok with any of the other books. The problems only occurs with books that I have created.
Hope this helps
Dave

I tested this with my personal book as well, and seems to work fine. The only time it looks like it doesn't do anything is if the entry that the bookmark points to is already the active one. One thing is that it doesn't change focus and make the panel the focused/active one, and I think it should -- but it still opens the correct entry. I will continue to look into this, and also see about fixing the focus issue.

I just tested it and that it exactly what it is doing. I hope you can the focus problem because that is how quickly I get from my comments to the book I want without having to stop and see I got the right book.

Thanks for looking into the focus problem
Dave

I understand now, thanks. I am hoping to add focus-setting to the behavior of the bookmarks for the next release.

Back