Help me not be annoyed

Jerry

Beta Tester
When I first start SwordSearcher, there is an empty Search results pane in the bottom left corner. I don't want that pane there if there's nothing in it! :( So the first thing I do is manually close it, which annoys me each time I have to do it. Next thing you know, I'm kicking the dog, yelling at the kids, ignoring the wife. So I need help!

:)

Seriously, is there a setting or something to prevent the blank search panel on startup?

v.5.4.1.2

Thanks.

:D

No setting, sorry. I'll change this behavior in the next release. I guess since almost always the first thing I do when I open SS is start a Bible search I never got annoyed by it. :p

Brandon,
Is it possible to have some type of Auto feature so when a search is initiated and finds the critieria the window appears automatically and then when cleared it closes automatically?

Brandon,
Is it possible to have some type of Auto feature so when a search is initiated and finds the critieria the window appears automatically and then when cleared it closes automatically?

If I do a Bible search and the search result panel opens, then I press the X button on the search result panel, it does close. Do you mean something else?

No Annoying Search Panel

Here's how it works for me - I have the Commentaries, Books and Search panels all nested (that is, docked in the center position) of the right side panel and the whole left side is devoted to the Bible. The last panel that I had open on the right side (i.e. Commentary, Book or Search) is what appears when I start SwordSearcher. The Search panel comes to the front if I do a search, otherwise it stays politely in the background. I can click on a tab to switch to whatever panel I want at the moment. I can also split the panels up if I want to look at two of them simultaneously, but usually, like 99.9% of the time, I only look at one panel at a time.

Also, if I close the Search panel before I shut down SS, the Search panel isn't visible (not even its tab) when I re-start SwordSearcher, until I run a search.

If I do a Bible search and the search result panel opens, then I press the X button on the search result panel, it does close. Do you mean something else?

That will work for me. I had tried that as well and thought Brandon is going to tell me what I just found is to click the X to close.

I originally was thinking if I cleared the search critieria it would close automatically.

Re: No Annoying Search Panel

Here's how it works for me - I have the Commentaries, Books and Search panels all nested (that is, docked in the center position) of the right side panel and the whole left side is devoted to the Bible. The last panel that I had open on the right side (i.e. Commentary, Book or Search) is what appears when I start SwordSearcher. The Search panel comes to the front if I do a search, otherwise it stays politely in the background. I can click on a tab to switch to whatever panel I want at the moment. I can also split the panels up if I want to look at two of them simultaneously, but usually, like 99.9% of the time, I only look at one panel at a time.

Also, if I close the Search panel before I shut down SS, the Search panel isn't visible (not even its tab) when I re-start SwordSearcher, until I run a search.

Thank You Marty for your insight.

Re: No Annoying Search Panel

Actually setting the windows with TABS at the bottom seem to partially solve this issue quite well.

Back