Help with audio bible running SS in Parallels on Mac

SoldOut2Him

Beta Tester
I am currently running Swordsearcher in a Parallels session on a MacBook Pro. The program runs perfectly fine with one exception. When I try to play the audio for the verses I get an error saying the ‘FFmpeg libraries not loaded.’ I know those libraries exist on Windows session because I went out and installed them for Audacity. Anybody have any ideas on how to get the libraries to load for SS?

Did you try going into the File menu, under "Configure Audio Bibles" and linking the directory containing the audio files?

Yea that all looks good. The error message includes the location of the audio files and that it could not open them along with the above mentioned error so it sees the files.

I'm sure Brandon will be able to help figure it out. I would just be poking around, so I'll shut up now. I hope you get it fixed soon!

Thank you for your input though! Hope you and your family are well!!

The FFMpeg libraries (plus some additional audio libraries) required for SwordSearcher should have been installed with SwordSearcher automatically and would appear in a subfolder under your SwordSearcher program files. The easiest way to fix this may simply be to re-install. (No need to uninstall first.) If that doesn't work, go to your C:\Program Files\SwordSearcher folder and look there to see if there is a ffmpeg_x64 folder and if it has 12 files in it. (I am assuming you have a 64 bit version of Windows installed.)

Should look like this:

1586366576032.png

This is what I'm seeing under the Swordsearcher folder and yes I am using a 64 bit version of Windows 10.

1586368369308.png

Try doing a search for ffmpeg? My SwordSearcher folder is under Program Files, not Program Files (x86)...

I see the Audacity installation but nothing under Swordsearcher.

I'm not really sure why Swordsearcher installed under Program Files (x86).

I don't know anything about Parallels sessions and MacBook stuff- sorry, I wish I could help.

I hope you stay healthy and safe, too. Goes for everybody!

I do appreciate your help though!! Take care of yourself! Brandon, any ideas?

OK I've got it fixed now. Thanks for the inputs!!!!

I was going to suggest un-install and then re-install since somehow files are missing from the folder you show in the screen shot.
Yes, very good advise....Mr. Staggs, you saved my life, few years back !!! Remember?
loll.... You told me the same thing back then, and right away my problem was solved..... 😁

I think I know what happened here. Since you're a beta tester, probably you ended up skipping the version that actually added the necessary libraries that were not found. The file date on your executable is not one that was ever officially released. The solution is to install the official release.

Back