Highlights and notes transfer.

Johnny NL

Is there a way to transfer/apply, all my notes and highlights from my KJV Bible to KJV-TSK, simultaneously?

No, sorry. There's no mechanism for transferring highlighting between modules.

(Notes, though, aren't module-specific: what do you mean by transferring notes?)

No, sorry. There's no mechanism for transferring highlighting between modules.

(Notes, though, aren't module-specific: what do you mean by transferring notes?)
I am ok with the notes, for,yes they are in a commentary. I was mostly wondering for the Highlights.
Up to now I was using side-by-side Bibles. I will keep doing this until I finish physically, transferring all my highlights, then, i will keep up simultaneously .
Thank you very much.

I didn't even think about trying to get them identical, because for me... I forget why I marked something sometimes, and then get myself distracted trying to remember anyway. It finally occurred to me that maybe using compare mode with the KJV and TSK-KJV selected would be one way to keep them identical if you needed. I was just looking over the differences between what I had marked in each, using the [Bible]->"Show Verses With User Highlighting or Underlining" tool... and tried to copy (but couldn't) all of the verses listed there so I could just put them all in the "Scan Text for Verse References" tool and export to a "verse list" I was going to transfer to a new user commentary with all my past highlighted verses, so I could maybe update it all and jot down a note or 2 and just watch it from a margin link instead of blind searching through my past highlights. --with the intention of building a new habit that might be more meaningful to me in the future. I've thought about highlighting stuff like... who is speaking in Job at the moment in each chapter for example, but then wouldn't want all my Bibles marked up because I probably wouldn't remember which color was for which person without a key and so on... I confuse myself more often than I care to admit. It's no wonder no on else can understand me either. Your question is helping me re-evaluate the why and what of the whole task/methods I used for markup. Thanks for posting this question!

I didn't even think about trying to get them identical, because for me... I forget why I marked something sometimes, and then get myself distracted trying to remember anyway. It finally occurred to me that maybe using compare mode with the KJV and TSK-KJV selected would be one way to keep them identical if you needed. I was just looking over the differences between what I had marked in each, using the [Bible]->"Show Verses With User Highlighting or Underlining" tool... and tried to copy (but couldn't) all of the verses listed there so I could just put them all in the "Scan Text for Verse References" tool and export to a "verse list" I was going to transfer to a new user commentary with all my past highlighted verses, so I could maybe update it all and jot down a note or 2 and just watch it from a margin link instead of blind searching through my past highlights. --with the intention of building a new habit that might be more meaningful to me in the future. I've thought about highlighting stuff like... who is speaking in Job at the moment in each chapter for example, but then wouldn't want all my Bibles marked up because I probably wouldn't remember which color was for which person without a key and so on... I confuse myself more often than I care to admit. It's no wonder no on else can understand me either. Your question is helping me re-evaluate the why and what of the whole task/methods I used for markup. Thanks for posting this question!
Thanks for feedback, ... I do highlights everything I study, for the reason that since the beginning of SS, I do highlights also everything in my KJV paper copy, with all my comments in the margin. My SS KJV highlights and comments, has a "mirror" copy cat in paper version. All my SS is fully backed up daily on an external drive, and a flash drive copy for the fire proof safe. Way too many years of studying/searching to start over again.
"fun fact", just my comments, for KJV, in a WORD DOCUMENT, if I would print it would give close to 400 pages...imagine!?
3 years ago, I got a new KJV Bible, large print and began to transfer everything in my new Bible (paper copy), every nights/weekends for more
4 months of work. I also, duty oblige, read my Bible cover to cover, twice. (for that operation.) I even have a note prepared for the left behind after the Rapture, for them to know what to do with the notes, highlights, and all my studies.
I keep busy, until HIS coming...
Ya'all be blessed now. <:{{{><

Last edited:
I have a 'My Notes' commentary module that works really well. It's assigned to one of the verse widgets in the Bible panel so I can just hover over it to show the notes for that verse, click to add notes, and it's there for all the Bible versions. I do have a whole wishlist just for the markup feature when it comes on the to-do list though... :)

... Way too many years of studying/searching to start over again.
"fun fact", just my comments, for KJV, in a WORD DOCUMENT, if I would print it would give close to 400 pages...imagine!?...

I get it!, and last year I started destroying a box full (about15 if I ever get them all) of large capacity (80gb to 1tb but most 400gb) Hard Drives that failed over the years. I've had stuff strewn across at least 20+ or more (still finding em) different copies of just "theword" alone, not to mention e-sword, logos, wordsearch, and many other free and paid bible apps/programs on multiple platforms Windows/Mac/Linux/phones/e-ink readers/ and even paper studies and stuff stuffed in my old Bibles... I've lost passwords to cloud storage along with the stuff there... and accidental deletions and purposeful deletions and abandoned doctrines/teachers/pastors/denominations and cults I belonged to/bible versions... all of which influenced "my notes". I spent over an entire year daily trying to memorize 1John 1:1-10, and utterly failed to complete.

I have now placed my hope where it belongs.

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. (Lamentations 3:21-24 KJV)

I was sitting in a military jail (brig) serving my sentence. And as a new Christian with a shiny NIV study bible I couldn't understand how to use anyway.... some printed words I was reading out of it, visually turned to "gold" and then "fire". As I think back on that, I am filled with confidence that God's word alone is more than Sufficient and more than Complete all by Itself/Himself, and now (40-ish years later) I KNOW the AV KJV is exactly perfectly without doubt all HIS and only what I will use; so I am found in Him to be not who I was yesterday nor will be tomorrow as I grow. He is able to highlight for me today. (…Ex 16:14-35...)

A Song of degrees for Solomon. Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. (Psalm 127:1 KJV)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back