HTML code for Greek text

Regie

Hello,

I have imported a text file into SwordSearcher using Forge. If I understand correctly these files should be in HTML format and Forge will understand HTML coding. However, I don't know what to use for HTML formatting for Greek and/or Hebrew text.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,
Regie

I solved my own problem. :)

I changed it from Design mode to Code mode and got the coding for the font. I had formatted with the Scribe for Theophilos tool and it had it all coded with <GRE></GRE> - I changed all that to <U></U> and then changed that to the Theophilos Greek formatting. Zap - it worked. :)

Boy that saved a ton of work.

Thanks,
Regie

Smart move, Regie! :)

Forge and SwordSearcher fully support Unicode. There is no need for special formatting of Greek or Hebrew characters as long as you use Unicode.

http://www.unicode.org/charts/

The only think you may need to be concerned with regarding Forge is to ensure that your text file is properly saved as a UTF-8 or UTF-16 text file with BOM. Usually this would be automatic.

But as for entering text in SwordSearcher, you don't need to do anything special. However, if you paste text in from another source that is non-Unicode, you may have to ensure that the proper fonts are selected for the text.

Did I ever answer you on this palhmbs? I don't remember just what it was about - maybe you can bring me up to date on it. I doubt I'd be able to do a detailed tutorial on it but I guess I could consider it.

Thanks,
Regie

Back