HTML in user module

Eric

Beta Tester
I sometimes copy a snippet of info from a web page and want to paste it into a user commentary. It may have colored text in some places, an indented citation and hyperlinks. Those things don't seem to carry over into SS7 when I paste the snippet in. I manually switched btw "code" and "design" mode and fixed the hyperlinks to websites. Then I wanted to indent the Bible verses quoted in the text. Maybe I'm not doing something correctly? Seems that probably the HTML from the webpage should just paste into the editor and all transfer …

Just now I was most interested in indenting a section in such a snippet. However, when I searched the web for HTML codes (about which I know next to nothing), I found there are lots of indenting codes for HTML, from indenting paragraphs, to sections, to block quotations, etc.

Advice anyone? Thank you!

You may not be talking about the same thing I have done, but I have copied image files and put them into SwordSearcher modules. Other than being wider than what I want, they copy completely. As best I can tell however, these images are unsearchable. I just do a right click on the image and copy it to the computer and then using CTRL V, I paste it into SS.

When you type multiple spaces, most html ignores all but one of them. If you just want to indent the first line of a paragraph, you can try   which is the code for a non-breaking space. You would have to use as many as it takes to make the indention the size you want - don't put a space between them, like    . Some editors will insert the   code for you, most don't.

If you want to set a whole section apart with an indent on both sides, you can use <blockquote> at the beginning and </blockquote> at the end.

If you want to indent the left side only, use the control in the toolbar.

Sometimes copied text has messed up codes, especially if you just copy part of their text - the ending codes may be left behind - so you could try either pasting as plain text and then put in the formatting that you want for all the text or paste it into an outside editor first, like Word, and fuss with it there.

I hope this helps.

If you are editing code mode, you can usually use <blockquote> and </blockquote> to reliably indent a whole group of content, even with nested things like paragraphs and lists.

Back