I think I found a spelling mistake inside the Sword Searcher

C.r.a.i.g

Now I can't remember where? I 'm thinking John or Romans. It was a location like a town or city I think. But I can't remember the name because sometimes my memory has trouble with remembering. The place started with Ae. The mistake was that sword searcher had both letters capitalized like it was AE, when the e should be lowercase. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Ænon - Joh 3.23

Aenon, distinguished as Aenon near Salim, is the site mentioned by the Gospel of John as one of the places where John was baptising people, after baptizing Jesus in Bethany-beyond-the-Jordan. Aenon is the Hellenized form of the term for 'spring' or 'natural fountain' in many Semitic languages, including Hebrew ayn and Arabic ain or ein. In the water-poor Middle East, places owning a spring tend to be named after that water source, so that toponyms consisting of or containing the construct element are common. The particular site mentioned in the Gospel of John is therefore distinguished as "Aenon near Salim". The name Aenon is commonly used amongst Baptist organizations and churches.Wikipedia

It is not a spelling error, check your printed Bible and it is the same just with the AE joined together as Bill has it there "Ænon"... I think it is a Greek thing :)... same with Æneas in Acts 9:33-34

It is not a spelling error, check your printed Bible and it is the same just with the AE joined together as Bill has it there "Ænon"... I think it is a Greek thing :)... same with Æneas in Acts 9:33-34
yeah I checked in Acts in the printed Bible and it has the e lowercase after the A. Bible from local Church Bible publishers. Not sure why some Bible uppercase the E but I don't know much about Greek and grammar. So maybe it's right to have AE instead of Ae.

Back