Italic and Bold export (Rich Text Export) from SwordSearcher

woeger

It appears that SwordSearcher can only export plain ASCII text when copying/pasting and/or using copy range of Book entries or copy range of verses.

I would like to export Rich Text that preserves italics (not in brackets as can be done now), bold text, etc., so that when I copy out of a Book or a series of verses from the KJV I can preserve the bold and italic formatting, without manually having to go back an edit the pasted ASCII text for each italic and bold entry. I paste a lot of verses into my writings :)

Perhaps there is something I am overlooking here? I do a lot of pasting from reference works, and would like the pasted text to retain the original book/verse text italic and bold formatting. Thanks in advance.

If you need to have formatting included in your copy, you need to use the mouse-mark-copy method, which copies the formatting as you see it on your screen. In version 5.4, the Bible panel copy with the mouse mark method is "smarter" and it will automatically remove the margin links from your copy but still keep the formatting (bold, italics, etc).

Brandon, I just retried highlighting the book text and also the verse text, and then used CRTL+C to copy the text, plus I tried every other copy option when I right click on the slected text, but it will not Paste or Paste Special into a Wordpad Rich Text document. No italics or bold from books or Bible verses is copied, just plan unformatted text.

Could you kindly walk me through this process, as I think I am doing it right, but I just can not seem to get the formatting to be preserved (italics and bold text from various Books and verses)?

I use a Mac for most of my work, but still keep my PC with Windows XP around just to run SwordSearcher :) If only there was a Mac native SwordSearcher... (hint hint).

Check this setting:

File > Preferences > Misc. Options > Use plain-text clipboard copy with marked text in displays

Make sure it is not selected.

I use a Mac for most of my work, but still keep my PC with Windows XP around just to run SwordSearcher :) If only there was a Mac native SwordSearcher... (hint hint).
This may help: http://www.swordsearcher-mac.com

... If only there was a Mac native SwordSearcher... (hint hint).
I run SwordSearch just fine on my mac. I use crossover as they offered it for free a few months ago.

I also have SS on my laptop with XP, but it runs absolutely fine under crossover on my mac so I never boot the lappy.

It's a 6yr old Vaio so it's ready to become a boat anchor soon, where all former XP o/s's belong.:D

That option was not checked, but I only have WordPad as a text editor/word processor on Windows XP, and I just found out that the problem lies with WordPad.

I tried a simple HTML editor and pasted into it and saw the italics being preserved. All of this was because of WordPad. Thanks for all your help in helping me track this down.

Back