Learning how to study God's word

dougrenz

hi, I just bought vs 8.4 and love all the features, but honestly, I'm just re-learning how to study the Bible and only have read it devotionally and want to learn the different methods.

I'm looking for any thoughts on this, thanks.

Doug

hi, I just bought vs 8.4 and love all the features, but honestly, I'm just re-learning how to study the Bible and only have read it devotionally and want to learn the different methods.

Doug
Hi Doug! One of my favorite features in SwordSearcher is the ability to make User Modules. I have a User Commentary (named "Margin") that is assigned to one of the widgets in the Bible panel - so when I've looked into the official commentaries or want to note a related verse or a thought, etc., I can just click on the Margin widget and enter it with minimal disruption of my reading. If you want to see what's written in your commentary, just hover over its widget and your note will pop up. (I think the widgets are very useful.) I often read the KJV-TSK Bible when I'm studying because of all the links there, and refer to the KJVSL Bible when I'm looking for how certain words were translated. wsbones has given us many modules that are very helpful for studying the Bible - they'll be in the Modules section of this forum. Hope that helps!

Here's a web page on our church website that I put together one time on how to study the Bible:

It's also in a user module on the forum containing a lot of other material called Big Picture Bible Study Materials. Here's the link.

Doug - Welcome to the SwordSearcher family & experience.

You might find "How to Study the Bible" by I.M. Haldeman.

Also "What the Bible Teaches" by R.A. Torrey.

For (very) deep study, "Torrey's Fundamentals."

You could also use the Topic & Verse Guide and type in "Bible study"... Or just any topic you wish to study.

These are some big picture ideas from within the program.

I'll save the small picture ideas for later. ;)

Welcome Doug, lots of good advice to be found here and I see members have already given you quite a bit... Enjoy your awesome purchase and may it help you in your journey to...

2 Peter 3:18 ...grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Back