Luther-Gal.ss5book

ishaknatan

Beta Tester
First of all Thanks to Bill & Brandon for the last few threads.

On D:\My Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules, I have the above (544 Kb) but didn't show up . . .? Any idea?

Go to Book > Select Book, and see if it is listed there. If it is, that means you have it hidden from tabs. You can change those settings at File > Preferences > Visible Library Tabs.

On D:\My Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules, I have the above (544 Kb) but didn't show up . . .? Any idea?

Is SwordSearcher looking in C:\My Documents... for the user modules instead of D?

Good catch, Marty.

SwordSearcher will look at the default Documents location for the currently logged-in user. This is usually on the C drive, but this location is actually a variable and people sometimes do change it in Windows.

If you open Windows Explorer and go to the Documents folder, this is where SwordSearcher will look for the SwordSearcher User Modules subfolder.

Go to Book > Select Book, and see if it is listed there. If it is, that means you have it hidden from tabs. You can change those settings at File > Preferences > Visible Library Tabs.

It is located among others like: 1on1;atlas;ChronoOutline;DoctrEva;TOJC etc.
All of them show up.
I put 'My Document' on harddisk D as precaution in case C drive collapsed.

It is located among others like: 1on1;atlas;ChronoOutline;DoctrEva;TOJC etc.
All of them show up.
I put 'My Document' on harddisk D as precaution in case C drive collapsed.

If it is in the same location as all of the others (and the others appear in SwordSearcher), it's possible the file is damaged and you should try replacing it with a new copy.

If the files on the D drive are just backups, is the original file in the C:\My Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules?

Have you tried opening the file from the D drive on its own, without going through SwordSearcher? If prompted for the program to use in opening the file, you could point to SwordSearcher and see if it opens through the 'back door'.

If the files on the D drive are just backups, is the original file in the C:\My Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules?

Have you tried opening the file from the D drive on its own, without going through SwordSearcher? If prompted for the program to use in opening the file, you could point to SwordSearcher and see if it opens through the 'back door'.

There is no 'My Documents' on C drive, since I move it to D. I think I agree that the file is 'kaput' and I have forgotten the source. No worry :lol:
Thanks to Brandon & Marty.

Back