Module does not appear in folder

Regie

What could be wrong when the module appears and is ok in my SwordSearcher program, but the module will not show up in the module folder on my computer?

I renamed it and still no show. I exported it for Forge and then brought it back into the program - still no show in folder.

Thanks,
Regie

Maybe you accidentally turned it into a hidden folder?
How to make a hidden file or folder on a Windows 10 computer
  1. Find the file or folder you want to hide.
  2. Right-click it, and select "Properties."
  3. In the menu that appears, check the box that's labeled "Hidden." ...
  4. Click "OK" at the bottom of the window.
  5. Your file or folder is now hidden.

What could be wrong when the module appears and is ok in my SwordSearcher program, but the module will not show up in the module folder on my computer?

I renamed it and still no show. I exported it for Forge and then brought it back into the program - still no show in folder.

Thanks,
Regie
Click on the Documents folder and do a search for the file. It should show up on the list and if you rest your cursor on it, the location information will show up. If you don't see it in the list, try searching using fewer letters, i.e., the first few letters of the filename. The search should include subdirectories, so hopefully it will come up and you can see what the problem is. You can go to 'This PC' and run the search if nothing shows up in the Documents search...

Make sure it is where you think it is.

Right-click on the module tab and choose the module information item.

1651701692958.png

The top of the info will show you the exact path.

1651701760885.png

If you can see it in SwordSearcher you can be 100% sure it is in that location. If you can't find it in File Explorer, it could be that one of the parent folders somehow got the hidden flag.

I very much appreciate all your replies. Brandon got me on the right path - just how modules can get out of place is beyond me - evidently something I do not do right when I create a new module. Again thanks to all - I feel like I am among friends here. MGB.

Last edited:
I am beginning to think that DROPBOX is my biggest problem. Under my Module File Locations, the first item is Documents/PC/Documents/SwordSearcher User Modules and the second listing is Dropbox/PC/Documents/SwordSearcher User Modules. I also notice that the Module Load Error Log has a listing of several hundred problems and the load errors show that they are in about 3 or 4 different locations. I don't know which way to turn and at this rate, by the end of the day I expect to be in the lunatic ward with no hair since I will have pulled all of it out of my head. As best I can tell, when I go and click to show all commentaries and all books, it will then list everything that I have done through the years. I am afraid to go into my folders and remove some or all of these duplicates as I may get the wrong ones and thereby trash many countless hours of work. Are there any psychiatrists on this forum - I may be needing one soon. :)

I am beginning to think that DROPBOX is my biggest problem. Under my Module File Locations, the first item is Documents/PC/Documents/SwordSearcher User Modules and the second listing is Dropbox/PC/Documents/SwordSearcher User Modules. I also notice that the Module Load Error Log has a listing of several hundred problems and the load errors show that they are in about 3 or 4 different locations. I don't know which way to turn and at this rate, by the end of the day I expect to be in the lunatic ward with no hair since I will have pulled all of it out of my head. As best I can tell, when I go and click to show all commentaries and all books, it will then list everything that I have done through the years. I am afraid to go into my folders and remove some or all of these duplicates as I may get the wrong ones and thereby trash many countless hours of work. Are there any psychiatrists on this forum - I may be needing one soon. :)
A good fast way to see "How Many" ye have: Shift+Alt+T.
It will show you how many, Bibles, commentaries, books.
UNBELIEVEABLE how many we gather after so many years ! ! !

:p
( I "did" that cleaning few years back, now I remember.)

Last edited:
A good fast way to see "How Many" ye have: Shift+Alt+T.
It will show you how many, Bibles, commentaries, books.
UNBELIEVEABLE how many we gather after so many years ! ! !

:p
( I "did" that cleaning few years back, now I remember.)
Thanks. I tried that just now but that does not seem to answer my problem.
p.s. Since I wrote this while ago, I have deleted my Dropbox account and have disabled the inheritance part of OneDrive. Now, back to the jungle to see what I have messed up now. :)

I just have read that the place SwordSearcher looks first to find modules is Program Files/SwordSearcher/Modules. All these years I have been thinking and have led people to put new modules in Documents/SwordSearcher User Modules. Am I wrong in any of this? Maybe that is the reason I am now having so much trouble. The main problem I have at the time is telling which of the several times I have each module in different folders - which one is the right one?

1651766019408.png

1651766207731.png

So when you click from SS9 "Files", and then you save, that's where it will be saved.

Last edited:
Does that mean that they should be in both places? Thanks.
Your SS9 is physically sitting in Program Files, BUT ALLL your Bibles, commentaries, and books, will be sitting in Documents/SwordSearcher User Modules. (and "if" you have copies in that folder, you may remove them. )
When I download a new module from someone, I Ctrl+C from download folder, and Paste it in SwordSearcher User Modules. --> to do so: YE MUST CLOSE SS9, then when you turn on SS9, you should see your "new" module. --> SS9, top left Tabs, TABS; MAKE SURE YOU CHECK WHICH TABS you wants to show. When ye are ALLLLL happy with your set up; SS9-top left, File, SAVE, LOAD, RESTORE, click, and say yes/save all the way. NEXT time ye open SS9, ALLL will be at the same place. +++++ same thing with VIEW tab, SAVE current layout... then ye are Blessed every time... lolll
(once, few years back, "Mr. Staggs must remember", panic, panic, panic, for i couldn't find me files, after a PC switch. I saw darkness, and someone showed me the light ! THANKS to Mr. Staggs.)

Just put any user modules in the folder shown in the 2nd image (attachment 1893).

You should not add modules manually under Program Files. That way madness lies.

When you add a module it should generally go into Documents\SwordSearcher User Modules, and this is the default location for new modules.

If you have other locations you have manually added them yourself in this settings area:

1651783121426.png

By default, you would only have a folder under your user documents folder. Any others would have been added later by user action. Personally, I do use OneDrive to sync my modules on two computers, but you have to be careful doing that. See the help section here:

Thank all of you for your answers. I think I may at last have it all going. It sure has given this old man a t-total fit though. :)

Back