Mouse wheel

wsbones

Beta Tester
I notice that the mouse wheel moves 1 line per click in various panes but it moves 5 lines per click in the Bible window. Is that something internal to SS or is it something about my mouse? It seems to do 5 lines per click in my browser also. I can't find any settings for this.

It's handled internally by Windows. You can change the scroll amount by going to the Start button, type "mouse" and hit enter (Windows Vista and 7), and the Wheel tab there.

It has a setting for number of lines to scroll, but I don't know how it defines a line. It seems to scroll a different amount depending on how wide the window is and how long the page is.

It's handled internally by Windows. You can change the scroll amount by going to the Start button, type "mouse" and hit enter (Windows Vista and 7), and the Wheel tab there.

It has a setting for number of lines to scroll, but I don't know how it defines a line. It seems to scroll a different amount depending on how wide the window is and how long the page is.

There's no wheel setting on the mouse driver. I am using the ALPS driver for the portable mouse pad and just stuck a mouse in the USB port w/o installing a new driver. It works fine except for the issue with the wheel which is not really a problem anyway. Just a curiosity.

Thanks.

EDIT: I found the vertical scroll setting under gestures. That made a difference in the wheel speed.

Interesting -- it's good to know that there are differences depending on the mouse. I'm using a Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0.

Back