Moving commentary entries to a different module

Norton Anti-virus. As far as I know, that is the only anti-virus that I have. I have another program that I reckon is not anti-virus, called Outbyte PC Repair which has just been updated and is running a scan on my system right now.
You all, don't worry with me more. I have figured out how to accomplish the tasks before me and can make it anyway. :)
May God bless all of you for trying to help this old man solve this problem.
Well, I have just discovered something else that maybe one of you might know further about. When I clicked to go to Windows Security, I discovered:

Antivirus
Microsoft Defender Antivirus is turned off, Norton AntiVirus is turned on.

Firewall
Norton Antivirus is turned on, Windows Firewall is turned off.

Web protection
No providers

And then it says:
Find security apps in Microsoft Store

duh!!! With a capital D, a Capital U and a capital h. (normal exclamation points)

Personally, I only use the Microsoft Defender and Windows Firewall. If this were my computer, I would try removing Norton and re-enabling the Microsoft/Windows stuff.

Personally, I only use the Microsoft Defender and Windows Firewall. If this were my computer, I would try removing Norton and re-enabling the Microsoft/Windows stuff.
I am going to do that. Just while ago, a reminder on Norton was the opposite. Maybe they just like money and don't really care about what is best and most needful. So, here I go - will let you know if it works for me or not. MGB.

I am going to do that. Just while ago, a reminder on Norton was the opposite. Maybe they just like money and don't really care about what is best and most needful. So, here I go - will let you know if it works for me or not. MGB.
That did not work either - maybe I did something wrong.
My memory is telling me that I used to use a method so that when I repeatedly over and over did the same thing. I just do not remember what it was. I have just remembered that it might have been called a macro. Anyone have any idea of what I may be trying to think of.

I used macros in Excel many times when I was working.

Am I right to remember that you said you can copy just fine in editor mode and we're looking for a way to copy without having to open and close the editor so many times?

I used macros in Excel many times when I was working.

Am I right to remember that you said you can copy just fine in editor mode and we're looking for a way to copy without having to open and close the editor so many times?
Right. I can copy and paste from the editor mode only - even after everything else I have tried.

Have any of you ever used TeamViewer? I have used it a lot of times in helping my pastor solve problems. If some of you have time to do so, maybe you could connect with me via it, look my computer over, and get me on the road to success. ha.

Unless I go into edit mode, I cannot copy from one module to another.

Is there some setup somewhere that is not configured properly that keeps me from doing this kind of work without having to go into edit mode?

Or, does my question not make sense? If not, I will be glad to try to word it differently.

Thanks much,
Regie

Unless I go into edit mode, I cannot copy from one module to another.

Is there some setup somewhere that is not configured properly that keeps me from doing this kind of work without having to go into edit mode?

Or, does my question not make sense? If not, I will be glad to try to word it differently.

Thanks much,
Regie
Is the following the way to solve this:
Misc. Options
Advanced Clipboard Settings
Use plain-text clipboard copy with marked text in displays
??????????
(That seemed to work - thus far though I have noticed that when I copied and pasted, that paragraphs were separated with 2 lines instead of 1 line as in the original.)

I am not sure I understand your question -- is this a continuation of the problem you described in this thread? The copy functions do not require you to be in edit mode to work. If you cannot paste into your user modules in edit mode, something else is happening on your system to corrupt the clipboard data after SwordSearcher puts it on there.

The setting to which you refer above is a workaround option for people who are using programs that don't understand how to properly handle HTML on the clipboard. The editor in SwordSearcher does not require this setting. If changing that setting makes it possible for you to paste into the editor, then something on your computer is interfering with SwordSearcher placing HTML content on the Windows clipboard. The usual suspects here are bad anti-virus suites like Webroot, McAfee, Norton, etc.

I am not sure I understand your question -- is this a continuation of the problem you described in this thread? The copy functions do not require you to be in edit mode to work. If you cannot paste into your user modules in edit mode, something else is happening on your system to corrupt the clipboard data after SwordSearcher puts it on there.

The setting to which you refer above is a workaround option for people who are using programs that don't understand how to properly handle HTML on the clipboard. The editor in SwordSearcher does not require this setting. If changing that setting makes it possible for you to paste into the editor, then something on your computer is interfering with SwordSearcher placing HTML content on the Windows clipboard. The usual suspects here are bad anti-virus suites like Webroot, McAfee, Norton, etc.
Thanks for all the replies - everything seems to be working ok for me now.

It should not be necessary to open your entry in the editor to copy from it. Mark-copy is supported in the text panels. Also, you can skip the "select all" step entirely just by right-clicking in the book or commentary panel and choosing "Copy All."

View attachment 2028
I agree with Brandon, just did this here, only thing I use is MS Windows Defender. Copy all pasted into new book title for testing. Worked fine. Yes I use TeamViewer as well.

Back