NASB available for SwordSearcher from the Lockman Foundation

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
The Lockman Foundation is selling a NASB add-on for SwordSearcher:

http://www.americanbiblesales.com/search/isbnlist1.php?ISBN=PSS123108NAS

Their add-on requires SwordSearcher 5.0 or later. They are selling an add-on, not SwordSearcher itself. The NASB modules are not available from me or in the Deluxe CD library. StudyLamp Software receives no portion of the sale of NASB add-ons.

At the moment, they are selling the add-on for $14.

Please, no debates about Bible versions here. Lots of people have expressed interest in an NASB module for SwordSearcher for various reasons and uses. This post is just notification that Lockman is now selling the add-on.

The Lockman Foundation is selling a NASB add-on for SwordSearcher:...

Please, no debates about Bible versions here. Lots of people have expressed interest in an NASB module for SwordSearcher for various reasons and uses. This post is just notification that Lockman is now selling the add-on.

Some time ago I was able to d/l a stand alone version of the NASB from the Lockman foundation. As the only reason I ever have used it is for comparison, this works fine for me apart from SS. So for me the $14 isn't worth it.

I'm sure you could probably find the stand alone all-it-is-is-the-text-of-the-NASB freeware still. As I recall, I did have to register but it was free.

This is great! I may end up getting this at a later date (when I have some extra cash) as I use NASB for the Precept Upon Precept studies (Kay Arthur) that I lead. I purchased the e-Sword add-on from them a few years ago. I just wish they would have included the same things in the SS package. From what I read the SS add-on only includes the updated NASB with the cross-references and translator's notes.

The e-Sword add-on is only $6 more but includes the Updated NASB, Original 1977 NASB, Updated NASB with Strong's numbers, and Hebrew & Greek Dictionaries from the NAS Exhaustive Concordance.

I would have thought they would offer the same deal for SS. Oh well. I'll still pick it up eventually.

Brandon, if we find a bug with the NASB add-on (specifically, the verse references are broke in the NASBNotes for Rom 10:3), do we inform you, or Lockman?

Thanks.

You can email me the report.

Back