New video posted: Creating your own books and commentaries

Brandon Staggs

Administrator
Staff member
I've posted a video demonstrating how to create user modules:

http://www.swordsearcher.com/video/user-modules.htm

This video shows how user modules work in SwordSearcher. You will see:
  • How to create and edit a user commentary.
  • How to create and edit a user book.
  • Verse references in your text are automatically linked.
  • Deep referencing (reference links) appear in the Bible margin for user-created content.
  • How to make and print a Bible study handout.
For more details, see the help file for Creating Your Own Books and Commentaries.

Very nice, Brandon! I learned something - Ctrl T. Neat! Thanks! :)

Very nice, Brandon! I learned something - Ctrl T. Neat! Thanks! :)

Good stuff. I learned a few things too.

One question: if you click the edit link in the panel (not on toolbar), does the extra edit panel also open, or can you edit it inside that panel?

It's been a while since I worked on anything, although lately I've been thinking about a project or two. Thanks!

One question: if you click the edit link in the panel (not on toolbar), does the extra edit panel also open, or can you edit it inside that panel?

I may not understand what you are asking. The Edit link in the Bible margin does the same thing as the edit link in the commentary panel -- it opens the editor. (Of course, the links in the Bible margin will always open the editor for the verse they appear next to.)

If by "can you edit inside that panel" you mean can you edit in the commentary panel itself, the answer is no. This is intentional -- the editor is separate from the view panel so that you can continue to use the rest of the program functions -- including exploring commentaries -- while editing.

Brandon, you are very thoughtful in the construction and functionality of SwordSearcher. This program covers the computer abilities of all users, from the simple to the sophisticated. The way everything functions together is really something! I could go on and on, but you'd begin to blush. Ok, I love the library, too - I had to say it! :)

Thank you!

Thanks Marty. :)

I may not understand what you are asking. The Edit link in the Bible margin does the same thing as the edit link in the commentary panel -- it opens the editor. (Of course, the links in the Bible margin will always open the editor for the verse they appear next to.)

If by "can you edit inside that panel" you mean can you edit in the commentary panel itself, the answer is no. This is intentional -- the editor is separate from the view panel so that you can continue to use the rest of the program functions -- including exploring commentaries -- while editing.

For some reason I seem to remember being able to edit w/in the panel itself. Is this just faulty memory? It's not a big deal. The edit panel is easily sorted where ever on the screen, though when I have done some user created work I've mostly cut & pasted from the word processor I've been using. So... It's all good. And I agree with Marty's other comments too.

Indeed there seems to be always something new and exciting to learn about this program... thanks Brandon! Can I say again I love it?

Ruthlyn

Great video. I had intended to view it when it first came up but I got sidetracked. Then Marty's comment about Ctrl T aroused my curiosity, so I hit Ctrl T when I opened SS and nothing happened. I had to watch the video to see if I could find out about Ctrl T. There it was. Thanks Brandon for the helpful video and thanks Marty for prompting my viewing of it. Sounds like Ro 8:28, working in small as well as big things. (Well GeorgeCurtis, isn't that what ALL means?) :)

Back