Nook & Kindle works

Regie

I've taken a lot of works that I have done in SwordSearcher and have converted them to either or both Kindle and Nook.

I figure if you are away from your computer you can take works with you and read while waiting on someone else or whenever you want.

If anyone wants any of these things just let me know at rrhodes773@comcast.net

Regie

How did you convert them to compatible files, Regie?

Amazon has an application called kindlegen that converts various formats to kindle format (mobi). For a Word doc you first have to save it in html format. You can find it here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000765211

It's a command line app so you type kindlegen filename.type and it creates filename.mobi.

It converts epub files nicely. There are many public domain epub files on the web.

I guess convert was too easy a word to use. :)

What I did was copy each individual entry in the module and paste it into MS Word and then I saved it to HTML filtered and used Auto Kindle eBook Converter.

Thanks,
Regie

Amazon has an application called kindlegen that converts various formats to kindle format (mobi). For a Word doc you first have to save it in html format. You can find it here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000765211

It's a command line app so you type kindlegen filename.type and it creates filename.mobi.

It converts epub files nicely. There are many public domain epub files on the web.

Thanks for your reply.

I might try that one but thus far I have had good success with the one I mentioned to Marty.

Thanks again,
Regie

Epub and pdf files are supposed to work on the Nook - I'm still playing with it. I'm doing so many things with my Nook that soon the only thing I use the computer for will be SwordSearcher! With the Nook I can get online, email, read documents, look at pictures... I guess I can't really edit the pictures on the Nook, so maybe I'll use the computer for other things, too! :)

Back