Organizing Sermons

chuckn

Good morning.

I have a couple of questions on organizing my sermons from the last 45 years.

First, should I create 2 modules - one for topical sermons and the other for textual sermons?

Second, if I create a book module with the date as the entry, does it matter which order I create the entries? In other words, do the entries automatically get placed in the proper order if they are entered in a random date order?

Thanks.

Good morning.

I have a couple of questions on organizing my sermons from the last 45 years.

First, should I create 2 modules - one for topical sermons and the other for textual sermons?

Second, if I create a book module with the date as the entry, does it matter which order I create the entries? In other words, do the entries automatically get placed in the proper order if they are entered in a random date order?

Thanks.
Good morning, Chuck!

Whether you choose to create one module or two is your preference, but I think it would be easier to name the entries if you create two modules. For instance, if you have one module, EACH of the entry names would have to include a designation for 'topical' and 'textual' if you want to note them by category as well as by date. SwordSearcher will list the entries in alpha or numeric order, even if entered randomly, so if you have a topical sermon and a textual sermon listed for the same date, each will be required to have a unique title - there can't be any duplications in the same module.

Hope that helps.

I do classified them by: 0001: xxxxxx then 0002: xxxxxx so i classified them as "numerical". or alphabetical, just the title.

do the entries automatically get placed in the proper order if they are entered in a random date order?
They will be placed in strict alpha-numeric order. So if you use dates, best to use something like:

2022-09-22 Paul describes his own work

And then be consistent with the date field and you will always get them in order.

Back