Paid Content In SwordSearcher

JCC

Hi Brandon. Thank you for all your work and discernment of works that are available on SwordSearcher. I'm still enjoying figuring everything out and downloading more modules. It has been a real blessing for my personal study and teaching my family.
Although I was purposely staying away from college at my age and position in life I have found my way into that door. In doing so I'm taken back by the scam of college textbooks. 12th edition History book is 250.00 and the 11th edition is 25.00 dollars. I wasn't aware History could change that much. Anyway, complaining wasn't the idea here. My question is, have you thought about putting more paid content in SwordSearcher? I think there would be a market for more college text books or even just college level accepted authors/ research books on SwordSearcher.
Personally I'd rather pay the money to have the ability to put it in a program like this than pay for a used copy with notes, highlights and water damage. Not sure this is even possible on a smaller scale compared to a program like LOGOS. Which is over priced as well IMHO. Bible software and college is still all new to me so I'm just shooting out a thought after reading my first couple syllabi and the restrictions on approved reference material . Just looks like there would be a market for a middle ground somewhere. I would lean towards just a bit more paid content in SwordSearcher vs just a bit less than LOGOS.
Would love to hear others opinion as well on whether its a good idea to pay for more college level acceptable content or should college students (bachelors/masters) rethink the necessity of the bigger programs like LOGOS?
Thanks for your time and your awesome program.
Justin

The requirements and economics of licensing that kind of material make this kind of unfeasible for my tiny company. It's also interesting to me that most in-print publications are only slightly less costly if they are purchased digitally. I promise you that my tiny user-base is not big enough to negotiate bigger discounts than what Amazon can pull for their Kindle customers. :)

Last edited:
Hi Brandon. Thank you for all your work and discernment of works that are available on SwordSearcher. I'm still enjoying figuring everything out and downloading more modules. It has been a real blessing for my personal study and teaching my family.
Although I was purposely staying away from college at my age and position in life I have found my way into that door. In doing so I'm taken back by the scam of college textbooks. 12th edition History book is 250.00 and the 11th edition is 25.00 dollars. I wasn't aware History could change that much. Anyway, complaining wasn't the idea here. My question is, have you thought about putting more paid content in SwordSearcher? I think there would be a market for more college text books or even just college level accepted authors/ research books on SwordSearcher.
Personally I'd rather pay the money to have the ability to put it in a program like this than pay for a used copy with notes, highlights and water damage. Not sure this is even possible on a smaller scale compared to a program like LOGOS. Which is over priced as well IMHO. Bible software and college is still all new to me so I'm just shooting out a thought after reading my first couple syllabi and the restrictions on approved reference material . Just looks like there would be a market for a middle ground somewhere. I would lean towards just a bit more paid content in SwordSearcher vs just a bit less than LOGOS.
Would love to hear others opinion as well on whether its a good idea to pay for more college level acceptable content or should college students (bachelors/masters) rethink the necessity of the bigger programs like LOGOS?
Thanks for your time and your awesome program.
Justin

JCC, if you haven't already, you might consider Amazon's Kindle. You can get a PC version free and you may find some of the books you want in a digital format for Kindle on Amazon. My problem is that anytime I get something on Kindle that I like, if it's related to Bible study (which is really about all that I buy) I want to get it into SwordSearcher as well.

JCC, if you haven't already, you might consider Amazon's Kindle. You can get a PC version free and you may find some of the books you want in a digital format for Kindle on Amazon. My problem is that anytime I get something on Kindle that I like, if it's related to Bible study (which is really about all that I buy) I want to get it into SwordSearcher as well.
Me as well Ken. I love the program and use it as a home base for all my studies. I don't know how to copy and paste from Kindle books into any other program. "Kindle only" material is almost worthless for what I am hoping to do. I guess I didn't mention it was a Christian College. For that reason, I wanted to keep using SwordSearcher.

Back